Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sammy Sosa: HOF or not?

Sammy Sosa: HOF or not?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George K

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
Was just reading that Sammy is retiring after the World Baseball Classic. Does he have a better shot of going to the Hall of Fame than Mark McGwire and Rafael Palmiero?

stlalways94

Aug 7, 2008
I am a Cardinals fan, so as much as it pains me to say this, he probably deserves to be in. He has the least evidence against him in the steroid scandal, and 600 HR's. Probably not 1st ballot, but eventually he will get in.

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
I would love to see him in the HOF and I think his stats warrant it. But I don't see it ever happening. I do think that he has a better shot than McGwire or Palmiero. Both of those guys either admitted to or failed a test to using performance enhancing drugs.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
If he finished with the same numbers without the corking incident, the 'giving up on the Cubs' incident late in 2004 [?] and the steroid allegations - he'd be a first ballot Hall of Famer.

As is, I think the voters are going to make him wait a while. They aren't going to induct Sosa in before someone like Bonds.

shuedini

Aug 7, 2008
Indiana
I say no to Sammy.

Here is why:
image556839x.jpg

Followed by this:
mcclelland_tim0603.jpg

You guys have to remember the "corked bat" incident...right?

STORY

G

HEEEELL NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Probably the best Corky picture ever.

sammy_sosa_hitbypitch.gif

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Yes, Sosa will get in. As will Bonds. And probably McGwire and Palmeiro. And they won't be the first nor the last cheater to be inducted to the HOF, e.g. Gaylord Perry (spitter) and Don Sutton (scuffer).

Alex

THIS IS ABSOLUTE BS. HE IS JUST AS GUILTY AS MCGWIRE FOR USING JUICE. HE PRETENDED HE DID NOT KNOW ENGLISH AT THE HEARINGS. WHAT OTHER PROOF DO YOU NEED. IF MCGWIRE IS NOT IN, SOSA IS NOT IN. MCGWIRE USED JUICE AND SO DID SAMMY SOSA. IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE SOSA USED THEN YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE STEROID ERA AND YOU HAVE YOUR HEAD UP YOUR ****. IF NO MCGWIRE, THEN NO SOSA. HELL NO. IF YOU PUT ONE IN THEN THE OTHER HAS TO BE IN AS WELL. IF ONE IS NOT IN THEN THE OTHER SHOULD NOT BE IN. AND I DONT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT SAMMY HITTING 600. MCGWIRE RETIRED 17 AWAY FROM 600

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
notjomommasclint said:
imo sosa, bonds, and mcgwire should be locks.

i agree, but i think that if ANY of them get in, all three of them get in.

Bingo.Took the words right out of my mouth on this one.If one is allowed in with all the scandal...there others should be as well.It will also set a standard to be followed by hall of fame voters as well because they will know to either dismiss a player due to the roids thing or allow them in.

predatorkj said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
notjomommasclint said:

Bingo.Took the words right out of my mouth on this one.If one is allowed in with all the scandal...there others should be as well.It will also set a standard to be followed by hall of fame voters as well because they will know to either dismiss a player due to the roids thing or allow them in.

thank you. at least im not the only one who sees the light. if one gets in, they should all be in. the main point that is not discussed is that whether or not they were HOF worthy before the juice, the fact is that they are not to be allowed in because they used juice. Using juice is the factor. You Use, you do not get in, the fact of whether you were a HOF before use is irrelevant.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
predatorkj said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":2eo48wra]
notjomommasclint said:

thank you. at least im not the only one who sees the light. if one gets in, they should all be in. the main point that is not discussed is that whether or not they were HOF worthy before the juice, the fact is that they are not to be allowed in because they used juice. Using juice is the factor. You Use, you do not get in, the fact of whether you were a HOF before use is irrelevant.[/quote:2eo48wra]

All I know is I will have a pretty low opinion of mlb as a whole if only one or two of them gets in.If they want to say "This guy undoubtedly used roids so he's a no go"...thats cool with me.But...if they want to let one slip in...they all go no questions asked.If these guys were not suspected of using there would be very little if any discussion at all as to whether or not they were pure locks to get in.In my eyes...roids is the only hurdle and I see them as a team.One gets in they all do_One doesn't then none of them do.Any other way would be a travesty.Or like cheating the cheaters! :p :lol:

Members online

Latest posts