Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collection milestone. Showoff time.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TramFan3

Dec 7, 2008
By the end of the week I will have reached 750 cards in my Alan Trammell collection. Ive only been working on it seriously for the past 2 years. I hope to reach 825 by the end of the year.

Currently I have all but 7 regular issued cards from his playing days (78-97) but am still missing a few oddball things. I have a complete collection of his food discs. Now ive moved on to getting the promo squares. I have all of his Star issues except the silver set and his auto.

When I originally started I was just working on his playing days but since have started collecting his newer stuff as well. I am glad I have as well. Here are a few of my recent pickups.

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

Ive gotten tired of looking at Walter55's signature, so I did something about it.( Though he still has a few cards I need!!!!!!)
IMG_0001.jpg

and finally.....

IMG_0002-1.jpg

Sorry for the crappy scans, and thanks for looking!!!

Tim

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Where'd you pick up the Aqueous??? I've wanted the Reynolds version and not surprisingly, it's never shown up!

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Awesome, congrats on 750. Even more impressive is your completion amount thru 1997!

That Aqueous is a VERY tough one to cross off, even more so than the cards listed in your sig. I'm sure you'll find those eventually.

TramFan3

Dec 7, 2008
Thanks guys.

Sly- I was lucky enough to find it on ebay not too long ago. The same person had a Robby Thompson up as well (hopefully ronfromfresno got it) but no Harold Reynolds. If I ever stumble upon one I will let you know. Mine will be going out to SGC for authentication sometime soon.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Keep an eye open for a Will Clark and Eddie Murray Aqueous :)

Very nice stuff. Key cards and nice patches!

walter55

Aug 7, 2008
Great stuff I was wondering if you won the button. If you get a chance pm what you need from 80s and 90s I might have extras.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
I was wondering who spent that much on a Trammell button. I figured it would sell for about half that or less. I didn't know Tigers collectors were so nuts.

TramFan3

Dec 7, 2008
C.L., jay-Thanks

mrwhitesox- im not really sure if there are a ton of tigers collectors going after these things. Im aware of a handful of Trammell collectors who cost me a lot of money though. I figured I would end up paying around what I did, but was ready to go higher if needed. As I said, I was jealous of walters card.

walter- i will pm you in a few minutes, and thanks.

theplasticman - ive been on the lookout for the aqueous for a while, and there was the clark not too long ago, that went for WAAAAAAAAAY more than i paid for mine. Im pretty sure you know which one im talking about. If anything pops up ill be sure to let you know.

Bigalbert- You have a pm coming your way

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
djrulz said:
Sly said:
Where'd you pick up the Aqueous??? I've wanted the Reynolds version and not surprisingly, it's never shown up!

Actually 2 have shown up. I have one and the same seller had a bunch of them up in lots of 9 and he had another Reynolds in one of the lots. I tried for both, but got outbid on the one in the lot.

This is the lot with the Reynolds:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEDWX:IT

Damn it! Looks like I need to expand my search a little bit...

...if you ever see another, let me know, PLEASE!!!! :)

Jeremy

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
Those are some great cards, particularly the Aqueous. Congrats! Trammell is one of the great underrated players of the 1980s. It's a shame he didn't get more HOF support...

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
djrulz said:
Sly said:

Actually 2 have shown up. I have one and the same seller had a bunch of them up in lots of 9 and he had another Reynolds in one of the lots. I tried for both, but got outbid on the one in the lot.

This is the lot with the Reynolds:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEDWX:IT

Haha, I was going to say if it was out there I knew who had it. But I guess he's sold his last few. :lol:

Members online

Latest posts