Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

wait/replace on carey price the cup limited logo EDIT SCAN!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
fellas,

i pulled and redeemed a carey price 07-08 the cup limited logos patch auto #/50 back in july. so far, no status change and i've noticed that since it came out, the prices have of course, started falling. my question is, with a bv $400, should i ask for a replacement or should i wait it out? i've noticed that canadians patches are not the best looking so i may be getting a white plain swatch which i believe with hurt the value alot. but on the other hand, could be a nice 3x color patch or #ed to his jersey number (1/50 shot i guess. lol)

dave

march 17th 2009

fellas, didn't even know this shipped until i just got home but a package from upper deck was waiting for me

after all the wait, i was hoping for multi colored patches and/or jersey number which i did not hit. lol!

however, looks like this is the 1st one that will be live today :mrgreen:

IMG.jpg

waddaya think?

dave

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Re: wait or replace on carey price the cup limited logo?

I say wait as well. he hasn't played up to his potential this season but when he rebounds (which I hope he doesn't :evil: ) the sell value will go up again.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY

i guess i am a hockey newbie because i checked his stats out. 10-4 with less than 2.5 goals per game is pretty good, no? lol!

yeah, since i've already waited this long (going to be 5 months soon), i hope a nice multi colored patch one comes my way!

thanks guys

dave

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN

Yeah, I'd also wait it out. Carey Price stuff sells very high and you might not get something of similar value, although the BV is high.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh

yeah he isn't doing that bad. I guess I am just biased because I despise the Canadiens and just wish him bad luck :evil: .

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina

I would weather the storm. Upper Deck's track record with replacements as of late has been less than stellar and with a card like that, you could end up with some mediocre cards of people you don't collect. That is a sweet card and when it gets made, it will sell very well. Afterall, just look at what some of the Angel Villalona bowman Chrome baseball autographed parallels are doing now that he's live. I think the Price card, especially coming from the CUP can do the same.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY

been 2 more months since my last post and still no changes in status of this card being fulfilled or not

might as well keep this post updated if there are some people here waiting for any price redemptions through upper deck

dave

Autismic

Aug 7, 2008
I Love Monsanto

pghbuccos said:
yeah he isn't doing that bad. I guess I am just biased because I despise the Canadiens and just wish him bad luck :evil: .

after that comment i'm ripping up your addy :evil:

Autismic

Aug 7, 2008
I Love Monsanto
atleast it's 2 colors...Does it smell like beer?..Is it GU or photoshoot?...Hopefully you get a few days before everybody else gets theirs listed...what ya hoping to get?

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
:lol: if you call it that...2 color....was hoping for a nice 3 color white, blue, red but oh well!

i am not smelling it, dude! lol!

back when i was tracking these when i pulled it, i saw em selling for over $500 for the redemptions (which i should've done....) so put it up for $499 but i think it being only 2 colors, it won't come close to that so lowered it to $399 bin/bo

waddaya think?

dave