Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

08 topps back to school help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
i have this 2008 topps back to school card. any info on this set is appriciated. thanks on advanced

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Any scans?

Topps used to, and may still, have promo packs that hobby stores would give to kids when they came in with good report cards. Don't know if that helps, but it could be from that set.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
gt2590 said:
Any scans?

Topps used to, and may still, have promo packs that hobby stores would give to kids when they came in with good report cards. Don't know if that helps, but it could be from that set.
here is the scan
SCAN0036.jpg
the back looks like a normal topps card but the number is tb6

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
I was searching Google for the 2008 Topps Back To School Albert Pujols card and I came across this old FCB thread. If anyone on here has this Pujols card, let me know. These cards were inserted in Target Back To School packages (distributed by Fairfield) that look like this picture:

targetbtspack.jpg

Here is a picture of the entire set:

2008toppsbacktoschooltarget.jpg

The following is a checklist that may not be complete:

TB1-Miguel Cabrera
TB2-Albert Pujols
TB3-Grady Sizemore
TB4-Ken Griffey, Jr
TB5-David Wright (with Mr. Met)
TB6-Ichiro Suzuki (with the Mariners Moose)
TB7-Alex Rodriguez
TB8-Chipper Jones

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
I bought the pack with the Pujols/Ichiro when these were new. Sure wish I had a little foresight to buy all of them. They hung on the pegs at my Target for awhile--back in the toy section, as I recall. Who knew these would be so hard to find?

kamillahayley

May 30, 2019
As far as I know, it's very valuable! I has not been very popular at the time of its release but it quickly became very popular as a collectable item. Are you trying to sell it or exchange? Either way, wouldn't recommend doing any of these things. It is in mint condition, so I would recommend you to keep it for much longer. In a few years, it will probably become insanely expensive.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I had not heard of them, but then again it's been a while since I would consider myself current withnew issues. Looks like a couple Pujols for sale (ebay and COMC), but nothing else I found with a quick search.

I used to crave that type of issue, but it got too hard chasing down all the special issue stuff. Now, unless it is Garvey (or sometimes Dodgers), I probably don't even hear about it.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
All this made me think of is that 2008 is more than a decade ago but seems like just yesterday. When I started collecting in 1987 cards from 1977 seemed like ancient buried treasure, total antiques but I guess they weren’t!

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
It is funny to think about that type of thing. When I was first buying cards, in the late 70s, I would come across some 60s and a few 50s cards that friends had and they seemed ancient. I later recall going to a store in Seattle in the early 80s and looking through a small box of 1955-56 Topps cards for a buck or two each, amazed at how old they were. Not long after than, I got a 33 Goudey that was approaching or just past 50 years old! Now that was epic. Now, I couldn't imagine a young collector in their pre-teens caring much at all for a 1968 Topps card, which would be roughly the same age gap as with my Goudey story.

I don't even remember 2008 with regard to buying cards. By that time, I was not buying packs or boxes. Just singles on eBay. Nothing eventful comes to mind for that time frame.