Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone think Arlovski has a chance at beating Fedor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
If Andrei sticks to his Sambo skills (International Master of Sport and Master of Sport) he should be able to beat , seeing as Fedor recently lost a Sambo tourney.

I think Andrei's conditioning is also superior to Fedor's, and that could be a factor as well.

Do I think Andrei will win, no, but does he have a chance of going all 5 rounds and possibly getting a decision, yes

G

This is going to be the very first Fedor fight I get to watch live, and I am going to be watching it with other friends who I have been building Fedor up to who have never watched him fight live eiither. Just on YouTube videos I have provided. And if he loses, I AM GOING TO BE PISSED!

I want him to put on a dominate performance, but not this 36 second Big Tim ****. I want him to showcase all of his skills, but not end it quick.

I think I just may cry if he loses.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I watched the first Affliction fight live and was amazed and disappointed because I kinda wanted to see a good badass fight lol

I dont think he will lose, but, I definately dont think it will be a 36 second fight

My guess is a 3rd or 4th round submission, as Andrei has gone 3 rounds his last couple fights, but, has basically stuck to laying on the ground the whole time and using very little offense, with the majority being defense from submission and KO attempts, which, might work to his advantage against Fedor's ground game, as when you eliminate Fedor's stand-up, he is just left with the groundwork, and thats where Andrei can use the sambo.

This is a very interesting fight for me, as most will say Fedor will destroy Andrei, but, I dont think so, I think Andrei is very credible and shouldnt be taken lightly

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
A.A has had trouble the last 2 fights with Rothwell and Nelson,Glass chin and lost 2 times to Silvia.Fedor will dominate him in my opinion.I believe Fedor wins in the 1st or 2nd rd by submission.

G

I thought I remembered him having trouble with Roy Nelson at that Elite XC show.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Sam Banks said:
I thought I remembered him having trouble with Roy Nelson at that Elite XC show.

he did.

same with rothwell.

he stuck to the ground the whole match and wouldnt engage either with punches or kicks and was primarily defensive

G

I think that anyone who's 1, recently fought on an Elite XC card, and 2, had trouble with Roy Nelson, will get beaten convincingly by The Last Emperor.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Sure AA has a chance. He's a top 10 HW with great skills. I think Fedor will win via submission but this is a dream match people have been waiting for for years.

Aug 29, 2008
HPC said:
I watched the first Affliction fight live and was amazed and disappointed because I kinda wanted to see a good badass fight lol

I dont think he will lose, but, I definately dont think it will be a 36 second fight

My guess is a 3rd or 4th round submission, as Andrei has gone 3 rounds his last couple fights, but, has basically stuck to laying on the ground the whole time and using very little offense, with the majority being defense from submission and KO attempts, which, might work to his advantage against Fedor's ground game, as when you eliminate Fedor's stand-up, he is just left with the groundwork, and thats where Andrei can use the sambo.

This is a very interesting fight for me, as most will say Fedor will destroy Andrei, but, I dont think so, I think Andrei is very credible and shouldnt be taken lightly

You keep going back to Andrei having the advantage on the ground because of his sambo but the recent loss was Fedors first in a sambo competition in something like 8 years I believe, he is still world class and still superior to Arlovski in my opinion. I think Andrei's only shot at winning is to keep get and early round KO. I don't think he'll be able to stop the takedowns for 5 rounds to get the decision and I think if Fedor gets him down he will either TKO him or sub him. Fedor has absolutely brutal G&P and I dont think Arlovski will be able to survive.

I am really looking forward to this fight as Arlovski is one of only 3 or 4 Heavyweights in the world that can offer Fedor any sort of resistance.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
TonyButlerStopSuckin said:
HPC said:

You keep going back to Andrei having the advantage on the ground because of his sambo but the recent loss was Fedors first in a sambo competition in something like 8 years I believe, he is still world class and still superior to Arlovski in my opinion..

So if Andrei fights him like it is a Sambo tournament then wouldnt logic say Fedor would lose?

I agree with what youre saying and I agree Fedor will win, but, I am also saying that Andrei has a great chance to capitalize on something Fedor is weak in and can use that to his advantage

hector234

Sep 14, 2008
AA has a chance, but he needs to stick with his game plan. If he tries to just brawl with Fedor, he'll get knocked out.

Members online

Latest posts