Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OFFICIAL: Steelers vs Titans Discussion Thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I'm so happy that football is here.

I am not happy that I will have to put up with Steeler fans around here and on TV madly twirling their Terible Toiletpaper around.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... n-a-towel/

The real football season -- the grown man version of it -- starts in four nights on NBC, when the Titans travel to Heinz Field for an opening-night tilt that pits the team with the best regular-season record from a year ago against the team that won the prize that really matters.

And Tennessee running back LenDale White, who made serious waves last December while stomping on the Steelers' trademark Terrible Towel during a regular-season victory by the Titans, vows to do it again.

"If it happens to be there, I'm gonna stomp all over that," White said Sunday, according to Terry McCormick of the Nashville City Paper. "If there is a towel in the stands, I will stomp on it. I don't care who gets mad. . . . If they throw a towel at me, I'm going to kick it and stomp on it. If you don't want your towels [stomped], keep them out of my face."

The difference between last year and this year is that the game won't be played in Tennessee, but in Pittsburgh. That means it could get hairy for LenDale if he does it again.

And he knows it.

"It will be loud one, a loud, mean, evil one," White said of the atmosphere at the game.

White also turned philosophical regarding the fact that he has taken plenty of abuse from Steelers fans on his Twitter page, interpreting their hate for him as secret love.

"They talk about me every day on Twitter. They hate me," White said. "They hate me, I can't use 'He Hate Me,' they hate me, the whole world, no matter what I do. But they do love me. If they had me at running back, they'd love me, now. They wanted me at running back, that's probably why they hate me now. They hate me because they love me. That's what it is."

Under that theory, they'll really be loving him on Thursday night. Especially after he "loves" another yellow towel with his cleats.

lumm0x

May 23, 2009
Let's get it on!!

Steelers fans are fun to pick on, but ultimately they are passionate and knowledgeable fans on average so you have to respect that. You can't disapprove of anyone who loves their team. They are just guilty of bad taste ;)

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Hey Titans fans,

Is there any hope for LaVelle Hawkins? I see he's still 4th or 5th on depth chart, which isn't saying much considering their WRs are that great anyway.

Just wondering, I have a little stash of him...

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
On a serious note (kinda) every "hero" needs a "villain". As much as Steeler fans think they "hate" Lendale, whether they realize it or not, that man has made this matchup all the more fun to watch. (They love him)

I can't wait for this game. 8 more hours!!

cwells46

Aug 7, 2008
Pigeon Forge, TN
Not much hope for Lavelle with them drafting Kenny Britt now.....Paul Williams felt the axe chop earlier in preseason and I don't think Lavelle is a whole lot better than him....

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I really hope the Shittsburgh Squealers lose tonight. That would be awesome! :lol:

Hopefully Worthlessberger completely tanks and the Titans win by 2 TDs or more.

Of course, Pittsburgh will probably win by 30 because I want them to lose. :lol:

I respect any fans who are passionate, knowledgable, and support their team no matter what. I just hate my teams (Bengals) division rivals. Trust me, being a Bengals fan I catch plenty of ****. Good or bad, they're my team though. I will always bleed orange and black!

PS- That ******* Terrible Towel is weak though!

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Say what you want about the Terrible Towel, but the royalties from the sale of hundreds of thousands of Terrible Towels have raised $3 million for a school that serves some of society's most vulnerable individuals -- those with severe intellectual and developmental needs who are unable to care for themselves.

It's way more than just a yellow towel that a lot of us drunken Steeler fans wave around.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
mstng99tim said:
Say what you want about the Terrible Towel, but the royalties from the sale of hundreds of thousands of Terrible Towels have raised $3 million for a school that serves some of society's most vulnerable individuals -- those with severe intellectual and developmental needs who are unable to care for themselves.

It's way more than just a yellow towel that a lot of us drunken Steeler fans wave around.
I never knew that...and I even live in Steelers country. That's pretty nice.

That being acknowledged, I can't wait to see the Steelers fans depressed while getting their but kicked, and the only Terrible Toiletpaper getting used is the one LenDale White stomps on :twisted:

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
mstng99tim- Thanks for the heads up on that. I think that is a great thing they are doing with the money. Truly commendable. I still hope the Squealers lose though. :lol:

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Yeah, Myron Cope's (the creator of the towel) son goes to the school where the royalties go to, he is autistic. A portion of the proceeds used to go to the school, but in 1996, Cope handed over the rights of the towel to the school, and now all of the proceeds go there.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Tim, thanks for schooling them on the towel. Stealers, Squealers call them what you will but if they lose tonight I'll let one of you guys make me a sig of your choice and I'll rock it for a month.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
deceptikon1978 said:
Tim, thanks for schooling them on the towel. Stealers, Squealers call them what you will but if they lose tonight I'll let one of you guys make me a sig of your choice and I'll rock it for a month.
:shock: Reason #43 to root for Pittsburgh :lol:

Members online

Latest posts