Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

History of Dwight Howard RC Auto's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Hi everyone. Those of you on the baseball boards here and previously on Beckett probably know me. Not much into basketball cards so I've never posted on this boards, but hey, there's no time like the present.

I was wondering if someone would do me the favor of filling me in a little on the history of the pricing of Dwight Howard RC Auto's. Are the prices now near peak or have they been much higher previously? What are his most collectible RC cards (Exquisite and SP Authentic?) Do big men get much love in the hobby?

Any help is much appreciated and I'd be happy to reciprocate if anyone has any baseball questions.

Kutzy

Sep 2, 2008
Da Ho has already hit his "rookie" peak and his "all star" peak. Basically what you are looking for now is long term success or those short bursts for a deep playoff run or amazing stretch of games. However he was putting up 20 and 18 for a few games in a row and didnt see much movement on his cards. Last year I believe was his highest peak and they have come down some since then. There is still a decent profit margin in his cards but you need to be patient, it wont come quickly. (In my opinion). His main rookies are Exquisite (if you got the cash), SP Authentic (base), and SPX (base). SPX while being a trapped auto holds a significant staple in the hobby as one of the better rookies to own. You wont go wrong purchasing any of these 3 autos.

95vr4

Aug 7, 2008
I only collect one of his rookie card that is the black diamond series, the one I own has been sold raw 400-500 last year. I just won one more last week for a little under 300. Now he needs a champion ring in order to rich its hype, otherwise a long term investment won't be a bad idea either like Kutzy said.

Wehttam6

Aug 7, 2008
912-GA
Topnotchsy said:
Do big men get much love in the hobby?
I don't have a beckett magazine, nor an eBay account, but I never hear about Andris Biedrins or Al Jefferson. I haven't seen them get hyped up, then again I started collecting basketball earlier this year so I don't know how they were perceived during their rookie years. I don't think big men in general get much hobby love.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Right after the Superman Dunk was his peak last year. It will take a good playoff run or MVP season for another spike like that one. I load up on players SPx Auto/Jersey rookies. Its always a popular card when a player heats up. Exquisite is just a bit pricey and it harder to get quanity. Example. I purchased 17 Devin Harris SPx Auto/Jerseys before he got hot and they are up to $60 a pop now. You could pick them up for $8-18 during the summer.

Point guards are your best bet. Big guys really have to be something special or play for the Lakers to get hobby love. Examples..Bynum, Bosh, Howard.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Thanks guys, what was the highest his SP Authentic and SPx auto's hit?

Also, how well does Shaq sell?

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
Thanks guys, what was the highest his SP Authentic and SPx auto's hit?

Also, how well does Shaq sell?
I think his Spx was highest and still is being that it had a lower print run spx/750 vs sp authentic/999. The Sp authentic's are selling between 80-90 and the Spx are selling for about 95-115. As for shaq there was a time (long ago) that his stuff was pretty high now that he is seasoned and has more stuff out not so much. I remembers when his autos were selling in the 150 range consistantly now a shaq auto can be had between 30-40 bucks even the older versions that use to sell in the 100 + range. His low numbered stuff sell decently 130-250 range.

Kutzy

Sep 2, 2008
High point im not sure, but I believe when I sold his SPX for $170 last season was pretty close to his highest peak. Im not sure how they were during his rookie season though. Shaq is not an investment anymore,probably never was a decent one to begin with. Shaq is one of the few big men to get good hobby love and thats probably due to his personality more than anything else. Howard has that type of NBA build and off the court charisma.

Members online