Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I enjoy various things in life, like men on cardboard :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I see a TON of names I recoginze from the old Beckett days. That's a plus. Back then, though, I didn't do much on the baseball side. Mostly football. Now, it's a completely different story ... :oops:

First off, I'm Dave. Dave Archer. I live in Ely, Minnesota. If you know where that is, I feel your pain. It's basically in the middle of nowhere and is a host town to hippies / tree huggers and that general population.

I'm 29, married, no kids (thankfully :D ) and have a small dog that's older. I enjoy rap, metal, country music. Well, mostly anything that's on I can handle. I love watching wrestling and have amassed a solid collection of old WWF VHS and a ton of the newer DVD's.

As for collecting, I've been collecting since '88 or so and seriously collecting since I was about 13 ('93). I am on these other sites;

TCG, TCC, SCFreaks, SCForum, Topps and Beckett (don't really do anything than post pc updates).

On the Beckett Buy / Sell / Trade (R.I.P. :cry: ) my id was NatMeans. On all the other sites, I'm either this ID or something to do with Dennis Northcutt.

As for collecting habits or interests, I enjoy these players:

Dennis Northcutt, Gino Guidugli, Mike (Sims)-Walker, Brandon Browner, Kerry Collins, Josh McCown, Bruce Gradkowski, Tarvaris Jackson

Josh Johnson, Dustin Nippert, Matt Harrison, Francisco Liriano, Tim Melville, Mike Rouse, Merkin Valdez, Jeremy Hermida, Dan Uggla, Ricky Nolasco, Justin Huber

I believe I have one of the best Josh Johnson collections out there. If anyone has any, plmk. I'm ALWAYS looking for low #'d and patches. I will trade in your favor or buy. I'll post a list of what I've got a little later (as soon as I can find somewhere to post collections). I have no scans of anything, since I'm, at the time, using library computers and don't own my own pc or scanner :(. I know, it sucks :cry:.

Take care, drop a line and let's b.s. and do some trading. And if you have any questions, feel free to ask :)

- Dave. :grouphug:

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Mattingly - Very nice. I have some Uggla's. Nothing super great:

DAN UGGLA CARDS

'05 Topps Total RC

'06 Bowman Blue Autograph #'d/500
'06 Bowman Sterling Uncirculated Gold Refractor #'d/10
'06 Sweet Spot Update Leather Autograph Blue Ink #'d/5
'06 Sweet Spot Update Sweet Beginnings 4-color Jumbo Patch
'06 Sweet Spot Update Sweet Spot Dual Signatures (w/Josh Willingham) #'d/55 (x2)
'06 Topps 52 Autograph
'06 Topps Chrome Autograph
'06 Topps Chrome Black Refractor Autograph #'d/200
'06 Ultimate Game Material Signatures #'d/35
'06 Ultimate Numbers Patch 4-color #'d 6/35 (jersey number)

'07 Allen & Ginter Dan Uggla SP
'07 Bowman Gold
'07 Finest Moments Dual Autograph (w/Marcus Giles) #'d/74
'07 SPx Limited Winning Materials Trio's Patch (w/Hanely Ramirez & Josh Willingham) all are 3 or 4 color patches #'d/25
'07 SPx Limited Materials Triple Patch (w/fish spine) #'d/25
'07 Topps Turkey Red JSY
'07 UD Spectrum Patch (4-color) #'d/50 (x2)
'07 UD Spectrum Autograph / Patch (4-color) #'d/25

'08 SPx Winning Materials Dual Patch Dan Uggla #'d/50 (4 color / 3 color)

I will post my Johnson list. I need to get more though. Many more :(

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I'm the same with the '06 Sweet Spot Sweet Beginnings Patch. The print run on these is supposedley /35. I have 12 of Johnson's. Need more, but nothing surfaces and when they do, I hammer 'em and get 'em.

If you happen to have any Johnson's, especially of the rarer variety, the Uggla's are always up for trade :D

MattinglyAlexander

Dec 17, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Hmm... maybe we could trade?

I'd consider it..

2006UDSweetspotSweetBeginningsPatch.jpg

Unless you are looking for a Johnson SB patch... which I don't have.
Uggla's had a rough season AVG. wise... the numbers are still there though. If he can maintain an average aroud .275, he's a superstar.
He's good enough for me though.

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
No, I mean the Johnson, like that Uggla, I have 12 of. I wouldn't want another Uggla, even though I enjoy his play, minus his numerous strike outs :(

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Mattingly - I have two of 'em but wouldn't mind another. I'd really like to get some tough pull of Johnson though for the Uggla.

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
They aren't all '09's :p. I have never pulled a Josh Johnson out of a pack and I don't buy a ton of wax either. Just saying, if you happen to see someone else has one or what not, remember me. Uggla's won't be going anywhere :D

And thanks Dalton. I like the Gophers but my family has a family friend that lives in Iowa City that use to work at the U with the football players academically and gets me auto's and stuff every now and again. Love watching them !!!

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009
55_marlins_sp said:
They aren't all '09's :p. I have never pulled a Josh Johnson out of a pack and I don't buy a ton of wax either. Just saying, if you happen to see someone else has one or what not, remember me. Uggla's won't be going anywhere :D

And thanks Dalton. I like the Gophers ::facepalm:: but my family has a family friend that lives in Iowa City that use to work at the U with the football players academically and gets me auto's and stuff every now and again. Love watching them !!!

Wow thats really sweet

about where they worked not the Gophers stuff :lol:

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
MIKE !!! :dance: :bounce:

What up ? You're on here too ? It's me, you, Lisa and Kelly that I know of from TCG. Anyone else ?

And update that cell plan so we can discuss the Arizona Wildcats and their WR's (even Bobby Wade did well Sunday :shock: )

sffanmike25

Aug 21, 2008
Dallas, TX
55_marlins_sp said:
MIKE !!! :dance: :bounce:

What up ? You're on here too ? It's me, you, Lisa and Kelly that I know of from TCG. Anyone else ?

And update that cell plan so we can discuss the Arizona Wildcats and their WR's (even Bobby Wade did well Sunday :shock: )

Look at the join date, been here a while. :) Only other board I post on. Brad is around here too.

Wade played great for a guy who literally walked in the door that week in KC.

Members online

Latest posts