Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Capitals @ Red Wings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Terry

Aug 11, 2008
The Swamp
This is gonna be a helluva game, one of the games I'm looking most forward too this season.

Go Caps! :D

Terry

Aug 11, 2008
The Swamp
1-1 after the first. Matt Bradley for the Caps and Ville Leino for the Wings.

Caps' PK looked good for a change.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
I wonder how and why Theodore changed catching hands. I have never really heard of that before.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
another goal for detroit after a stupid penalty. if they lose this that will be 3 loses in a row becuase of penaltys

Terry

Aug 11, 2008
The Swamp
That penalty on Green was bull$hit.

And I've seemed to notice the Caps don't know what the 3rd period is. They need to learn a game of hockey is at least 60 minutes. NOT 40. Every fu*king game. EVERY fu*king game.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
I just finished watching Pittsburgh kick Toronto's butt :D now im watching Edmonton and Montreal, love Saturday nights Hockey night in Canada! :D

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
G $MONEY$ said:
Brad said:
I wonder how and why Theodore changed catching hands. I have never really heard of that before.

seriously? That sounds crazy, i couldnt imagine.

They said it on the Detroit coverage, but I just google imaged him and all of them had him with the glove on his right hand.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Watching this game reaffirms why I would not trade Zetterberg or Datsyuk for Ovechkin. Sure he is a better scorer, but he does not play on the penalty kill. His defense is lacking while Zetterberg has shut down Sidney Crosby in the Stanley Cup. I might be in the minority here, but they are much more versatile players.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Brad said:
Watching this game reaffirms why I would not trade Zetterberg or Datsyuk for Ovechkin. Sure he is a better scorer, but he does not play on the penalty kill. His defense is lacking while Zetterberg has shut down Sidney Crosby in the Stanley Cup. I might be in the minority here, but they are much more versatile players.

I agree with you 100%. I would never trade Zetterberg or Datsyuk or Crosby or Malkin for Ovechkin because as you said his defense is awful and he cannot pk. all four of the others are all around great players not just one dimensional offensive threats.

Terry

Aug 11, 2008
The Swamp
It's not that he CAN'T PK, it's that we simply don't put him on the PK because we don't need to be losing our best player because he felt like blocking a shot.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Terry said:
It's not that he CAN'T PK, it's that we simply don't put him on the PK because we don't need to be losing our best player because he felt like blocking a shot.

Terry he can't play defense that's why he isn't on the PK. both Crosby and Malkin kill penalties all the time for the Pens. Zetterberg and Datsyuk kill penalties as well. it's part of being a great all around player.

Members online

Latest posts