Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any Minor League Hockey Fans? (AHL/ECHL/IHL)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
I know not everyone can be from Pro Cities. So who follows a minor league team and how long have to been a fan and also which pro team(s) do you follow?

I am a huge Cincinnati Cyclones (ECHL) fan, they won the championship 2 years ago. I have been a fan since their formation in 1990. I follow the Montreal Canadians (Affliliate) and the Columbus Blue Jackets (closest city with a Pro team).

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Not Minor League, but we've got a Junior Hockey League up here (WHL - Western Hockey League), which has teams from Washington, Oregon and BC.

I follow the Everett SilverTips from that league since they play about 20 minutes from my house.

Peter Mueller of the Phoenix Coyotes came from Everett, as did 2007 First Round Pick Zach Hamill (Boston) and 2008 First Round Pick Kyle Beach (Chicago). As did Leland Irving, I think a Second Round Pick a few years ago (Calgary). Hamill hopefully may make it up to Boston this year.

As for pro teams, I love Boston and Vancouver!

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Sly said:
As did Leland Irving, I think a Second Round Pick a few years ago (Calgary).

First rounder (26th overall) ;)

Sly said:
Not Minor League, but we've got a Junior Hockey League up here (WHL - Western Hockey League), which has teams from Washington, Oregon and BC.

Dont forget about Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba as well ;)

Like Sly im a big fan of the WHL (Western Hockey League) and the Calgary Hitmen. I have been a fan of the Calgary Hitmen for 15 years, since they entered the "Dub". The Hitmen have had some great NHLers the last few years including Ryan Getzlaf, Andrew Ladd, Karl Alzner, Justin Pogge and Fredrik Sjostrom, among others.

As far as AHL teams go, i will be following the newly formed Abbotsford Heat, the AHL of the Calgary Flames. That is where Leland Irving is playing this year. I also have been known to follow the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins of the AHL as well.

Pro teams?? Huge fan of Both Calgary Flames and Pittsburgh Penguins :D

Terry

Aug 11, 2008
The Swamp
I never really followed minor league hockey until a few years ago. Big fan of the Hershey Bears (AHL-Caps). Went to opening night last year, listened to the playoff games on the computer. I LOVE minor league hockey now. It's more gritty, more intense, higher scoring. A tad bit better than the NHL IMO.