Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Jastermereel said:
Has anyone seen any completed sales on this? 1991 Pacific Bo Jackson Prototype

4d463614-0822-45d6-9c4e-2bb503c1b635.jpg
you might want to ask in the football.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Hey guys...I pulled this out of a pack of series 2 1999 topps. Its one of the mystery finest cards. My question is...is it worth peeling? Now I know a lot of you guys peel things for the pure hell of it. I am not that way. Take my pinnacle certified stuff for instance. I'm not peeling those for any reason. But this card kind of appears like it genuinely needs to be peeled to appreciate the card at all. But I am not sure if there is any premium for unpeeled versions. I am also unaware of any way to tell who is on the front without peeling it. In any case...you can see the outline of a guy standing in a ready position like he is either going to take off running to the next base or like he is getting ready to field a ground ball.

So is it worth peeling? Is there any way to know who is on the front without doing so? And do these say refractor on the back like most Topps finest issues? I see that the refractors can be worth a decent amount.

IMG_0001-9.jpg
IMG_0002-11.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
George_Calfas said:
djrulz said:
The only way to tell the player on the front and if it's a refractor is to peel it.

Agreed, peel it.

Well...I wasn't worried about who it was as much as whether or not there was a premium on the unpeeled versions. Not that I intend to sell it but I don't want to turn a possibly $20 card into a $5 version of the same card for no reason other than curiosity. I have no idea about these really. And seeing as how it says All Topps Outfielders on the back...I was assuming it would be one of those three players or at least an outfielder.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
After looking on ebay...I can tell its a Manny Ramirez version simply by the outline on the card underneath the black.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
predatorkj said:
After looking on ebay...I can tell its a Manny Ramirez version simply by the outline on the card underneath the black.

Personally I do not see an un-peeled premium on these cards, who knows what 10 more years in the shoe box will bring. I still say peel that bad boy.

Sep 11, 2009
predatorkj said:
I paid a $2-3 premium on the Frank Thomas ones that were refractors but that's because I am trying to collect every version even the unpeeled version of Thomas. Also if it was a refractor it would say it on the back.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
gwynn5453l4u said:
predatorkj said:
nosterbor said:
heavy_hitter said:
1999 Randy Johnson Starquest Gold/100

99_starquest_gold_rj.jpg
icon_facepalm.gif

I'm confused as to why the head slap?

May be an inside joke, but I was thinking it was the Mariners name w/ Houston jersey...
i saw the card and it was like walking into a brick wall! it will make you stop dead in your tracks when you see one! Just AWESOME! Those are Super TUFF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online