Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Re: "RARE" 90's Inserts.... #2

gwynn5453l4u said:
tonsofcommons said:

Ooohhhh! I really like that card!!!!!

Checkout the serial numbering :^)

That was a pull!

Russ S. said:
tonsofcommons said:
Most expensive Pacific card I have and I paid a whopping 10 cents for it. Serial numbered 1/49.
scan0042.jpg

The Ripken was actually a dime box find at a show. I knew th base was $8 BV, so I figured for 10 cents it was worth it. When I got home, I told my wife "it would be cool if one of these was the rare numbered parallel" and about 4 cards later, found that beauty. I have to admit, I did jump around a little bit.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008

Exactly. Perhaps the OP could remove the quotes as the quotes make it seem that there weren't any rare cards in the '90s :)

Philip J. Fry said:
Rare because in the 90's, a 1/1 was truly a 1/1, unlike cards from sets like Moments and Milestones. Plus, getting a card #/100 was actually a chase, not a guaranteed hit.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD

uniquebaseballcards said:
Exactly. Perhaps the OP could remove the quotes as the quotes make it seem that there weren't any rare cards in the '90s :)

Philip J. Fry said:
Rare because in the 90's, a 1/1 was truly a 1/1, unlike cards from sets like Moments and Milestones. Plus, getting a card #/100 was actually a chase, not a guaranteed hit.
Not at all, there are TONS of rare cards. Alot aren't, but are just really hard to track down anymore. Hence the "rare".... is it really that big of a deal? ::facepalm:: Did the first 400 page thread bother you as well?

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008

In any decade there are cards that are hard to track down, and others that aren't ;) The quotes make it look like this isn't true for the '90s...or it makes it look like someone is misinformed. If anything the first not just rare, but truly unique cards came from the '90s!

But hey, if accuracy isn't your thing...

Russ S. said:

[quote="Philip J. Fry":27scx3b1]Rare because in the 90's, a 1/1 was truly a 1/1, unlike cards from sets like Moments and Milestones. Plus, getting a card #/100 was actually a chase, not a guaranteed hit.
Not at all, there are TONS of rare cards. Alot aren't, but are just really hard to track down anymore. Hence the "rare".... is it really that big of a deal? ::facepalm::[/quote:27scx3b1]

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD

Well, I don't want to be know as "Mr. Inaccurate", so title has been changed.
Is it more P.C. for you? :cool:

*(good thing you never saw the first 400 page thread, you would have gone bonkers)

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008

500 made and I've seen maybe 10 go up for sale over the years.

1997UpperDeckBlueChipProspects500ma.jpg

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD

Fandruw25 said:
500 made and I've seen maybe 10 go up for sale over the years.

1997UpperDeckBlueChipProspects500ma.jpg
Sweet card man!
Never seen that one!
Definitely "rare" then I guess.

Thanks for sharing. I know you have a sick 'Druw collection.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
Here are a couple. Nothing too rare or crazy, but just some nice looking cards...

39.jpg
zz84.jpg
z3.jpg

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008

And I woulda just settled for "90's Inserts". Wow what a happy day. :lol:

*For the record I just assumed rare was in quotes previously because the OP of that thread (you?) didn't think there were rare cards in the 90s

Russ S. said:

Well, I don't want to be know as "Mr. Inaccurate", so title has been changed.
Is it more P.C. for you? :cool:

*(good thing you never saw the first 400 page thread, you would have gone bonkers)

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada

gwynn5453l4u said:
Dear "Rare" 9o's Inserts Thread #1,
I miss you so much. Since I first met you on Aug. 31, 2008 you have been my best friend. I miss your warm touch, your soft breath, and funny little giggle you'd do when someone posted a 2000's insert instead. I could always count on you, "Rare" 9o's Inserts Thread #1, I hope you realize what you mean to me. You've made me a better collector... a better man... a better human. I'll always remember our good times: the 1994 UD all star Jumbo GOLDS, the 1997 Pinnacle X-Press Swing for the Fences Upgrade, the 1998 SPx Finite Spectrum Power Explosion, heck, I'll even miss the 1993 Ultra Award Winners even though they weren't rare, nor really cool, nor exciting.
Goodbye old friend. I hope you rest easy. "Rare" 9o's Inserts Thread #2 will never be like you!
I love you.

Gwynn5453l4u

Great post!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts