Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
How many of you have the 1996 Pinnacle regular cards and "All Foil" cards of your player? If I remember correctly, the "All Foil" cards were a retail (I bought my packs at K-Mart) product that looked just like the regular cards except that each card's entire surface was foil.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
KLARNOLD said:
How many of you have the 1996 Pinnacle regular cards and "All Foil" cards of your player? If I remember correctly, the "All Foil" cards were a retail (I bought my packs at K-Mart) product that looked just like the regular cards except that each card's entire surface was foil.

...and they were thicker...

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
KLARNOLD said:

There was 1996 Pinnacle and then 1996 Pinnacle Starburst.

97pinstar.jpg

Randomly inserted in first and second series packs at a rate of one in seven hobby/retail packs, one in six jumbo packs and one in 10 magazine packs, this 200-card quasi-parallel insert set features a select group of major league baseball's hottest superstars derived from the 399-card regular set. Unlike the basic cards, Starburst's are printed on all-foil Dufex card stock. The numbering also differs from the regular issue.

Not sure if that's it though...

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va
Philip J. Fry said:
KLARNOLD said:

Randomly inserted in first and second series packs at a rate of one in seven hobby/retail packs, one in six jumbo packs and one in 10 magazine packs, this 200-card quasi-parallel insert set features a select group of major league baseball's hottest superstars derived from the 399-card regular set. Unlike the basic cards, Starburst's are printed on all-foil Dufex card stock. The numbering also differs from the regular issue.

He is talking about the foil version of the base cards.

KLARNOLD, You are correct. They were the retail version. I actually had all of my guy before I had the regular hobby cards because 99% of the time I purchased retail back in the day.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Not super rare but definately an interesting idea. I pulled a couple of these when I was 12 but of course I bent/folded them so much they have no eye appeal anymore.

Those of you who haven't ever played with one of these cards, the front splits down the middle and opens up to see another picture/stats. After that you can fold it in half again to get another picture.

1999metaluniverseBoyzwiththewood14.jpg

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
do mystery finest refractors from 1996 not sell well? i saw a lot of 6 (poorly titled) that had Bagwell, Unit, and four other decent names not get any bids for 99 cents $3 shipping.

I know it was poorly titled but I'm sure some people came across it. I just stumbled upon it by accident.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Cobra29svt said:
Philip J. Fry said:
KLARNOLD said:

He is talking about the foil version of the base cards.

KLARNOLD, You are correct. They were the retail version. I actually had all of my guy before I had the regular hobby cards because 99% of the time I purchased retail back in the day.

My mistake.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Re: "RARE" 90's Inserts....

WaxHeaven said:
George_Calfas said:
WaxHeaven said:
Why not another decade? 90's is played out after reading 400 pages!
Feel free to start one, this one is fine by me.......and no it is not played out.

Don't get me wrong, the 90's Inserts thread is without a doubt my favorite on any card-related forum, period.

That being said, after 400 pages I think the best of the best has already been covered multiple times.
I wouldn't mind having a 2000's inserts/parallels thread (minus Bowman :oops: ), or even a DLP thread :mrgreen:

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Re: "RARE" 90's Inserts....

94bbref.jpg

Not rare, and not special by any means, but refractors from the original Bowman Chrome set.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Just added these:

9th one I've gotten, only 81 to go ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::
w_1998--topps_tek--11--diff.jpg

2nd of these I've gotten. I'm pretty sure these are 1/1 and only 30 different patterns were made of 3 different players.
w_1998--topps_tek--pp14--g.jpg

#'d/10
w_1999--upper_deck--tbe--quad.jpg

Thanks for helping locate this one out Jack Straw!
w_1995--ud--spe--g.jpg

And a tough sample card to find:
w_1998--donruss_elite--3c--sample.jpg

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
braves2008champs said:
onionring9 said:
2nd of these I've gotten. I'm pretty sure these are 1/1 and only 30 different patterns were made of 3 different players.
w_1998--topps_tek--pp14--g.jpg

Nice pickups!!!! Who are the other two players?

Mondesi and Clemens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts