Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Absolute Memorabilia Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highphat

Aug 18, 2008
Holy ****, been wondering where you've been! Hope you're doing great! I sold off most of my jumbos, had my collection stolen but got most of them back, and am picking cards up as I see them. Also started to continue the 6 piece set. I got about 2/3 of the stolen set back and have recently added this 1/1.
Lol! How’s it going man?! Sorry to hear about your collection being stolen. That is painful to hear. I’m glad you were able to recover what you did. It’s also good to hear your still digging this set!

I haven’t added many jumbos, but I’m still always on the hunt. It’s tough since everything I need towards my jumbo set is basically /25 or less now. I also still pick up other cool non-jumbo cards from the set occasionally.

highphat

Aug 18, 2008
I had to add these rarities when I saw them after missing out on few others! In all the years I’ve been collecting the set, these are the first I’ve seen that were supposedly replacements and not serial #d. I picked up four in total. Dontrelle Willis should be 1/1, Carlton Fisk and Brad Penny /25, and the Team Trios /10.IMG_9601.jpegIMG_9602.jpegIMG_9597.jpegIMG_9598.jpegIMG_9599.jpegIMG_9600.jpegIMG_9580.jpegIMG_9581.jpeg

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I had to add these rarities when I saw them after missing out on few others! In all the years I’ve been collecting the set, these are the first I’ve seen that were supposedly replacements and not serial #d. I picked up four in total. Dontrelle Willis should be 1/1, Carlton Fisk and Brad Penny /25, and the Team Trios /10.View attachment 355683View attachment 355684View attachment 355685View attachment 355686View attachment 355687View attachment 355688View attachment 355689View attachment 355690
I have a team quads with no serial number

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Lol! How’s it going man?! Sorry to hear about your collection being stolen. That is painful to hear. I’m glad you were able to recover what you did. It’s also good to hear your still digging this set!

I haven’t added many jumbos, but I’m still always on the hunt. It’s tough since everything I need towards my jumbo set is basically /25 or less now. I also still pick up other cool non-jumbo cards from the set occasionally.
You...you...you....... are still around!!!! It's been what? 10 years??? I sold off most of my jumbos before the burglary and still pick them up now as they come up. Recent pickups include the Killebrew button and Jumbo that were recently listed. Still going for the 6 piece set though.

highphat

Aug 18, 2008
You...you...you....... are still around!!!! It's been what? 10 years??? I sold off most of my jumbos before the burglary and still pick them up now as they come up. Recent pickups include the Killebrew button and Jumbo that were recently listed. Still going for the 6 piece set though.
I am still around! Yeah, it’s been a wild ride. I’ve moved from Florida back to Michigan and bought a house since we last chatted lol. I was eyeing that Killer button! Super sweet grab!

I keep trying to add jumbos that I need, but it’s very rare these days. Now I think I’m going to try to finish off the last of what I need to do a complete set of TOTT GU or Autos. I need around 20 or so, mainly of players that didn’t have regular jumbos. Off the top of my head, I need a Jim Palmer, Rickey Henderson (Mariners), Ryne Sandberg, Kenny Lofton, Adam Dunn, Reggie Jackson (Yanks), Dwight Gooden, Darryl Strawberry (Mets), David Cone, Adrian Beltre, Carlos Delgado, Jim Thome, Kevin Millwood (Braves), Wade Boggs (Red Sox/Rays), Magglio Ordonez, Josh Beckett, Torii Hunter, and Nolan Ryan (Mets/Rangers). I’ve seen a few on eBay, but either missed them or thought they were over priced.

Last edited:

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I saw this on EBAY and thought one of you guys might want to grab it.. Low numbered jumbo patch for $60

highphat

Aug 18, 2008
I saw this on EBAY and thought one of you guys might want to grab it.. Low numbered jumbo patch for $60

Good looking card!IMG_9752.jpeg

Members online

Latest posts