Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone else not interested in Razor at all?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I am, but I am also sick of the piling on that happens as soon as someone doesn't post how its better than air.

This is a figment of your imagination. Negative stuff that is valid gets posted all the time, and gets agreed with.

stealth marketing?

What is stealth about them having their logo at the top of the forum? They pay good money for that. Think back to the days before this forum existed, back on the BMB I was a big razor supporter and I hadn't even thought of having a message board. JP has been a supporter since before this board too. I think what they are doing is a good thing for the hobby overall, (hell just look at the better bowman draft product we got this year because of them) and i hope they stick around for a long while.

And Sam, I am not surprised you are not interested. It is a prospect product, you aren't supposed to be interested.

G

cgilmo said:
And Sam, I am not surprised you are not interested. It is a prospect product, you aren't supposed to be interested.

I want some STARZ babay!!!

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Sam Banks said:
cgilmo said:

Well then buy products that provide those, and don't expect razor to do it. Why don't you talk about how bowman chrome draft, and donruss elite don't interest you because they dont have STARZZZ!!!! OMGZ!

G

cgilmo said:
Sam Banks said:
cgilmo said:

Well then buy products that provide those, and don't expect razor to do it. Why don't you talk about how bowman chrome draft, and donruss elite don't interest you because they dont have STARZZZ!!!! OMGZ!

I do. I don't care for anything that's prospect based. I'm not saying anything bad about Razor. I just don't care about it. Was wondering if there were others out there around here.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
2008 Razor Signature Series baseball is not a product for 2008... it is made in 2008, but it's not really meant for anything but holding onto or stockpiling (prospecting). All these exclusives are not playing baseball right now, but trust me, when just ONE of them starts tearing it up and has only ONE possible 2008 auto, and it's ONLY in Razor Signature Series... what do you think people will be searching for and spending their money on??? Bowman Chrome Draft cards of DIFFERENT players? I don't THINK so...

studioclint

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago
I am not really interested in Razor either, but it isn't the product for me. I think what they are doing is good for the hobby in the sense that it is shaking up some of the established companies. I just don't get how people can hate on them so much. Just don't buy the product. I think people are mad because Razor has exclusive people they want to collect. When they should be mad at Topps for not looking out for their own products. Topps seems to have gotten lazy because no one could touch them and now Razor swooped in and signed a lot of hot players.

G

studioclint said:
I am not really interested in Razor either, but it isn't the product for me. I think what they are doing is good for the hobby in the sense that it is shaking up some of the established companies. I just don't get how people can hate on them so much. Just don't buy the product. I think people are mad because Razor has exclusive people they want to collect. When they should be mad at Topps for not looking out for their own products. Topps seems to have gotten lazy because no one could touch them and now Razor swooped in and signed a lot of hot players.

You make some great points.

i am not interested in razor but i hope they do well. competition will make topps and upper deck return some missing quality to their products. with that out of the way i believe the exclusives make the mlbpa rookie logo valid and hurt the hobby as a whole. of course since i sold my prospect stuff i have been a man wandering through this hobby spending my time in .25 boxes looking for 90's inserts (thanks joe :D )

studioclint

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago
Sam Banks said:
studioclint said:

Thanks.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Sam Banks said:
studioclint said:

I agree as well. I'm not a huge huge prospector so I don't really care that much either way, but I think it's only going to lead to better things as a whole. Competition is good. I can't see Draft this year having the Aflacs, and one of the more solid auto selections in a long time without pressure from Razor and Donruss.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Sam Banks said:
Just wondering if I am the only one around that isn't interested in the slightest bit about Razor and the breaks and such.

Just wondering if I am the only one tired of people bringing up that they aren't interested in/don't like/want to bash Razor.

Please note, i am not a Razor backer, I just like the competition it brings to the market and appreciate the effort.

But I am tired of people bringing up that they don't care for it, hate it, it sucks OR don't like it.

Is this a stab at you Sam? No. Just my own personal feeling on topics such as this.

Plus, if you read these boards, you would know there are PLENTY of detractors/people not interested in the product.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I bought a few packs of Razor today out of curiosity. I must admit they look better in person than on the sell sheet and are surprisingly fun to open. I had a pretty nice hit that I will scan later.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
First off, not a prospector. Second, not interested in razor, to answer Sam's question. But having said that, I was THOROUGHLY impressed with Brian's live phone call on beefy's video chat the other night. I know other rep's from other companies have come on and talked about products or answered questions, but the level that Brian gets involved with collectors on this board is unique. Where is UD's or Topps logos on this site? How come they don't pay to sponsor this message board? Do you think they give two craps about message boards in general? I posted way back that I didn't care for the razor design, but having the owner come on, listen to ideas and then implement some of them, and talk candidly about the company and product is pretty darn cool. Remember the UD guy who was on Beckett for awhile? That didn't last too long. Thing is, he NEVER once listened to us. His agenda was to promote products and that's all. I wish Razor the best.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I really don't think MLB has any business licensing these kinds of cards to begin with no matter which card company makes them.

But I don't think Razor cards represent anything different than the Bowman cards whatsoever.

Many people didn't like it when Fleer & Donruss started challenging Topps in 1981 either so its not unusual for some people to be down on a new product.

Sam Banks said:
I think what gets me is that it isn't liscensed by MLB.

I have a hard time getting into a product like that.

Even the Americana stuff and things like that.

Warren of Oz

Aug 23, 2008
As a cardshop owner for some 20 years I have always taken a stance against inlicensed card issues. My primary issue with them is that they never seem to hold any value. I'm going back a few decades to things like Classic & Signature Rookies etc. I only sell licensed card issues in my shop. No Press Pass, no Sage & no Razor. I think the hobby as a whole will determine the future of the Razor line.

I haven't searched online to see how the singles are doing pricewise because of the Holiday rush going on. Have the big names been yeilding the big bucks? Let's face it, if the return is scant the future will be bleak. Any big sales reported?

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Warren of Oz

Aug 23, 2008
I just did a quick Ebay search for "Razor Rookie". When the highest card listed is at $30, and boxes are $90, well you do math.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
cgilmo said:
I am, but I am also sick of the piling on that happens as soon as someone doesn't post how its better than air.

This is a figment of your imagination. Negative stuff that is valid gets posted all the time, and gets agreed with.
A figment of my imagination? Are you ok? it started to happen in this topic.

You really cant sit here and deny its not awful in both ways, both the haters and the supporters. My point is as soon as someone says anything slightly negative a superhero needs to swoop down (with his sidekicks of course) and either say they are sick of these topics or how in 2012 these card will be worth something. But if a person who dont like it posts in a topic about how great it is they are told "why dont you just ignore these topics" but when its the other way its a figment.

Members online

Latest posts