Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AJ or.......Gaudin for game 5?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
Right now on FAN, theres been a good amount of talk about who should go game 5, AJ or Gaudin?

Consider its against Lee and knowing what he's done the whole year, do you "sacrifice" Gaudin and save AJ for a poss. game 6 on full rest?

Or put in AJ (4-0, era under 2.50 on 3 days rest) who was amazing his last start, and hope for a repeat of the 1996 Pettitte/ Smoltz game that the Yanks won 1-0?

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
I still don't understand why there are only two games off in this series while there were three off in the ALCS.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
AJ, no doubt! ve the chaYou need to end this when you chance! Last thing you need is Phillies touching up Gaudin for 10 runs and getting the Mo back! Speaking of Mo by the way, Riveria has to be MVP! It is such an advantage to have him at the back of the game! And Lidge's failures really highlight this fact!

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
It REALLY doesn't matter. The Phillies decided not to show. I give no credit to the Yankees, Phily lost that series a billion times over.

Burnett at home, always has been always will.

CC will not be seen again. Unless they let you bring a oxygen mask to the mound.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
EricInCT said:
It REALLY doesn't matter. The Phillies decided not to show. I give no credit to the Yankees, Phily lost that series a billion times over.

CC will not be seen again. Unless they let you bring a oxygen mask to the mound.

Really? Than who do you give credit to for the win last night? How can someone say something so dumb?

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
jbone17 said:
EricInCT said:

Really? Than who do you give credit to for the win last night? How can someone say something so dumb?

Yeah, cmon Eric, more garbage coming from your mouth. The Yankees have completely shut down Howard bat, and your pitching has not come out and done well cept for Lee, but we all knew that would happen anyway. No one could say Blanton, Pedro and Hamels would take care of the Yanks. Lee is great, but he can't pitch every day.

The Yankees came back after the momentum was in the Phillies favor and a strike away from losing and the Yanks came to play. Damon taking 3rd was one of the smartest plays Ive seen.

Yeah no credit is deserved though, Philly just blows.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Johan Santana 57 said:
jbone17 said:
EricInCT said:

Yeah, cmon Eric, more garbage coming from your mouth. The Yankees have completely shut down Howard bat, and your pitching has not come out and done well cept for Lee, but we all knew that would happen anyway. No one could say Blanton, Pedro and Hamels would take care of the Yanks. Lee is great, but he can't pitch every day.

The Yankees came back after the momentum was in the Phillies favor and a strike away from losing and the Yanks came to play. Damon taking 3rd was one of the smartest plays Ive seen.

The Phils are a good team, but their fans are worse than us Yankee fans for sure. They chant you took steroids in the middle of a game and they boo Derek Jeter who is one of the greatest players to ever play this game. It is called respect and Philly fans have none of this. Philly fans act like their team is steroid free and it is clear on who took them on that team.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
The phillies shut themselves down....I have no idea what howard was swinging at half the night, he wasn't even close on some pitches.......one pitch that was a check swing by Werth bonced 2 feet in front of the plate.

I give zero credit to the yankees.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
EricInCT said:

Uhm, no. The Yankees won. Period.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
EricInCT said:
The phillies shut themselves down....I have no idea what howard was swinging at half the night, he wasn't even close on some pitches.......one pitch that was a check swing by Werth bonced 2 feet in front of the plate.

Because Ryan Howard can strike out at anytime, right?

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
EricInCT said:

It sounds like you are very egotistical. :?

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
jbone17 said:
EricInCT said:

It sounds like you are very egotistical. :?

I know, it sucks too.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
jbone17 said:
Johan Santana 57 said:
jbone17 said:
EricInCT said:

The Phils are a good team, but their fans are worse than us Yankee fans for sure. They chant you took steroids in the middle of a game and they boo Derek Jeter who is one of the greatest players to ever play this game. It is called respect and Philly fans have none of this. Philly fans act like their team is steroid free and it is clear on who took them on that team.

No offense, but because fans boos Derek Jeter means they have no respect? Umm, last I checked, Derek Jeter is the opponent...in the biggest set of games of the year. Should they be giving him a standing ovation?

Hell, I guess Green Bay Packer fans are the worst too...I mean, they didn't give a standing ovation to...AN OPPONENT!!

What has Derek Jeter ever done as a Philly? What has he done for the city of Philadelphia? So again, why should he not get boo'd in the biggest of games for the city of Philadelphia?

As for "Steroid" chants? Well...last I checked, Alex Rodriguez has admitted to doing steroids. No Philadelphia player has been caught/accused of it...so why does that make them classless. Should they be giving standing ovations to Alex Rodriguez?

Now don't me wrong, I don't think Philly fans are great, and neither are NY fans. But in defense of NY fans...they haven't thrown batteries at players. I hate JD Drew more than anyone in sports, but throwing batters is classless. Chants and boos...not so much.

Members online

Latest posts