Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Amazing 90s/2000s insert topic - football time!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Those Mosses are fantastic, especially like the Longevity RC. Also the Crusade, are those as popular in football as the baseball set is?

I've completely finished scanning pics of my Trent Dilfer collection at www.dilfer.com/collection/dilferc . So here are a few more of my favorites:

02fleermaxttm.jpg

2002 Fleer Maximum To The Max 004/250 - uniform number

02pacextltd.jpg

2002 Pacific Extreeeeeeeeme LTD/24

02pachupdatepatch.jpg
02pachupdatepatchg.jpg

2002 Pacific Heads Update Patches, /115 and /25

02playhonchi.jpg
02scorenational.jpg

2002 Playoff Honors Chicago Collection and Score National, both /5

02playhonrcclass.jpg

2002 Playoff Honors Rookie Class Jerseys/50

02scoreqbcpatch.jpg

The nicest patch I have, from the 2002 Score QBC Materials "untouched" set

02toppsmvp.jpg

His final Topps MVP Promotion card

02udpohbgp.jpg

2002 UD Piece of History Patch/25...wish they had used a Ravens picture since it's obviously a Ravens jersey, plus his base non-GU insert in the set had a Ravens pic

02udauthgold.jpg
02udhrgold.jpg
02udmvpgold.jpg
02udovgold.jpg

Some tough but boring 2002 UD parallels/25. Oddly enough I don't have a single Upper Deck card on my wantlist anymore.

03donclasspig.jpg
03donclasspigd.jpg

2003 Donruss Classics Classic Pigskin regular version and combo Laces version/25. I like the "patch" piece in the regular version.

05absspecg.jpg
05llimitedg.jpg

A couple of tough /25 cards from 2005

05scorecard.jpg

2005 Score Scorecard 001/599

06dclassplat.jpg

2006 Donruss Classics Timeless Tributes Platinum 01/10

06elitestat.jpg

2006 Elite Status 8/8

06selectblack.jpg

2006 Select Black 2/6

06toppsblack.jpg
08toppsblack.jpg
06ttotalblack.jpg
07ttotalblack.jpg

2006 Topps Black/51 & 2008 Topps Black 53/53, 2006 Topps Total Black 12/50 & 2007 Topps Total Black/50

05turkeygold.jpg
06turkeygold.jpg

2005 & 2006 Turkey Red Golds/50 (2005 is 12/50)

06turkeyplateblack.jpg

2006 Turkey Red Black Printing Plate 1/1, for years my only 1/1. Outsniped my main rival for it back in 2006, pretty much my only bidding victory back in the day, ha.

06ultraplat.jpg

His final Ultra Platinum Medallion, from 2006.

98flairmaster0.jpg

Masterpiece 1/1! Oh wait it's an unnumbered Fleer bankruptcy card. Maybe as close as I'll ever get.

98skyautonno.jpg

Another bankruptcy card I thought was pretty cool, it's missing the embossing and serial number (should be /50)

And this one SORT OF counts as a card...
miscart.jpg

burke23

Nov 12, 2010
Dilferules...the depth of your collection is astounding. I wish I could find a lot of what you have for Moss (although I don't think I will increase my scope beyond Vikes/College uni cards).
As for the crusade, they are popular, but not nearly as costly for football as compared to baseball prices. IE the Moss green/250 is roughly a $40 card...the purple/100 maybe $100-$125?

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Inspired by the Dilfers, I might start rolling out some rare Frank Sanders cards. Who has the nice Jake Reed collection?
[MENTION=4682]RustyGreerFan[/MENTION] has the Jake Reeds. Show those Franks!

Dilferules...the depth of your collection is astounding. I wish I could find a lot of what you have for Moss (although I don't think I will increase my scope beyond Vikes/College uni cards).
As for the crusade, they are popular, but not nearly as costly for football as compared to baseball prices. IE the Moss green/250 is roughly a $40 card...the purple/100 maybe $100-$125?

Thanks! There's a lot of depth but I'm a bit lacking on the higher-end stuff. And those same cards with Moss or Dan Marino are a lot more impressive than my Dilfer stuff, but I do take some pride in all the time it's taken me to hunt stuff down and figure out what I need.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Some of my favorites from 1995:

i-9Lv8xcQ-L.jpg
i-t37FScm-L.jpg

1995 Absolute Quad Series

i-vVftggt-M.jpg

1995 Pacific Silver

i-SL8kNVw-L.jpg

1995 Pinnacle Artist's Proofs

i-pSVmtWN-L.jpg

1995 Playoff Prime Minis

i-kvD3wbG-L.jpg

1995 Signature Rookies Tetrad $2 Phone Cards (not listed in Beckett)

i-6mJpWhf-M.jpg

1995 Upper Deck Electric Gold (took a decade to find this card)

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
[MENTION=3887]AUTaxMan[/MENTION] Yep, I'm the Jake Reed guy. I'm debating whether to pay $70 for the PMG Green... he won't go any lower.

I was going through my old purchases from COMC and found the Topps Gold Label 1/1 I got on there. $35. I was so surprised that night. I think I misclicked a few times trying to hit it (had to load some money).

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
i-6mJpWhf-M.jpg

1995 Upper Deck Electric Gold (took a decade to find this card)

I got lucky and found the Dilfer early on, haven't seen many since. Really under-appreciated tough set.
95udgold.jpg

@AUTaxMan Yep, I'm the Jake Reed guy. I'm debating whether to pay $70 for the PMG Green... he won't go any lower.

I paid $125 for the Dilfer PMG Green last year and it was the first one I've ever seen for sale. I guess there was a slight premium for being serial number 001, but I would have paid that much regardless. On one hand it's crazy to spend that much for a /15 card, on the other they are so difficult to find that you never know if you'll see another one. Plus there's influence from how famously expensive the basketball ones are that spill over to the football set.

chief7575

Feb 1, 2010
Something neat that I wanted to share. I finally got the last piece in to a mirror run of Leaf Certified - the materials portion. I've only completed one other in my years of collecting - and still haven't found base mirror blacks to try and finish those off for any year. But here is my now complete set from the 2005 edition - finally tracking down the emerald/5 version.

Mirror White (175), Red (100), Blue (50)

05leafCwhite.jpg
05leafCred.jpg
05leafCblue.jpg

Gold (25), Emerald (5), Black (1)
05leafCgold1.jpg
05LCMEmerald5Materials_zpsed1af949.jpg
05LCMirrorBlackfront.jpg

marinocollector

Jul 21, 2013
The 1998 Momentum 7-11 back to backs exist. I sold a Carter/Floyd to a Cris Carter super collector. Guy contacted me after it ended on eBay and struck a deal on Beckett. He whined the whole time that $12 was too much for a card that books $1.25. Finally told him I am not dealing with him because he doesn't want the card, and I won't sell it for less. That night he pays me, against my better judgement, I sell it. Two weeks later, flippin' hole is whining he didn't receive it. Pay him back right away, and he tells me I need to do something about this. That he'd rather have the card than the money. I know that jerk has both.

Long story short, the cards have no distinguishable features. You put a Carter base next to the back to back it looks exactly the same as each other. The only difference is one has a Carter back, the other has a William Floyd Front. The Floyd back has no numbering or anything to distinguish it from the base. If you took two base cards, put them together, it would be the same card, only 2 cards thick.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Very nice cards being posted with the Moss and Dilfer collections. Also love the Flair Masterpiece Reed and the Quad Series from 95 is a classic set IMO

Ryan

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
The 1998 Momentum 7-11 back to backs exist. I sold a Carter/Floyd to a Cris Carter super collector. Guy contacted me after it ended on eBay and struck a deal on Beckett. He whined the whole time that $12 was too much for a card that books $1.25. Finally told him I am not dealing with him because he doesn't want the card, and I won't sell it for less. That night he pays me, against my better judgement, I sell it. Two weeks later, flippin' hole is whining he didn't receive it. Pay him back right away, and he tells me I need to do something about this. That he'd rather have the card than the money. I know that jerk has both.

Long story short, the cards have no distinguishable features. You put a Carter base next to the back to back it looks exactly the same as each other. The only difference is one has a Carter back, the other has a William Floyd Front. The Floyd back has no numbering or anything to distinguish it from the base. If you took two base cards, put them together, it would be the same card, only 2 cards thick.

Thanks for the info, if you ever find the Dilfer I'd pay 3 times that much and wouldn't whine a bit. LOL, "book value" for an impossible card.

burke23

Nov 12, 2010
Back with some more stuff.

First off got this nice CC Atomic Refractor...cheap card, but cool nonetheless:

Then got this Moss/Rice '98 Fusion Refractor /100:

'98 Autographics Blue auto /50

'98 Skybox Thunder Rave /150

And the big one (and definitely a top 3 in my Moss collection now):
'98 Skybox Thunder Super Rave /25

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I had to tell someone...

Despite collecting Jake Reed since the 90s, I somehow had never picked up one of his card #rd to 86 - his jersey number. Finally, I found a good one. A 1997 Fleer Goudey II Greats ... whatever those cards are titled. The small ones with gold foil serial numbered to 150. I put in a snipe of $21.77. Just won the auction today for 12 cents delivered o_O

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I had to tell someone...

Despite collecting Jake Reed since the 90s, I somehow had never picked up one of his card #rd to 86 - his jersey number. Finally, I found a good one. A 1997 Fleer Goudey II Greats ... whatever those cards are titled. The small ones with gold foil serial numbered to 150. I put in a snipe of $21.77. Just won the auction today for 12 cents delivered o_O

I hear you! AWesome pick up!

Members online

No members online now.