Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Goofbay help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
I am trying to find information on what this card recently sold for on eBay (over 30-days old). Can someone who knows how to peruse goofbay (or any other site that shows auctions over 30-days old) please see what you can find?

2008 SP LEGENDARY CUTS AUTO BABE RUTH #5/8

It is actually signed "G.H. Ruth", not "Babe".

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
LaneyB-yes, that is the card. i know the card sold not too long ago, but as i have slacked on keeping my cut auto sales spreadsheet up to date, i don't know what it sold for before. i believe it was for just over $4k, but was hoping for a link to the actual ended auction.

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
rob167 said:
LaneyB-yes, that is the card. i know the card sold not too long ago, but as i have slacked on keeping my cut auto sales spreadsheet up to date, i don't know what it sold for before. i believe it was for just over $4k, but was hoping for a link to the actual ended auction.

Do you recall who was selling it or who bought it? That's the only way you can look up past sales.

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
LaneyB-i am not sure if this is the user who bought it, but this is who is currently selling it:

geminisportscardsllc

hopefully it was the same person.

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
Hey Rob, I didn't see it in the sellers completed auctions for the last 120 days. I might have missed it but I didn't see it.

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
LaneyB-you have been thanked!

here is the low-down as to why i was curious. this seller had the ruth at the last chicago show and wanted $8k cash for it. not having near that much, i offered to trade him my ted williams 1/1 cut auto, jackie robinson 1/1/ cut auto, lou gehrig 1/1 cut auto, and a couple of other high-end items.

he was interested, but wanted to think things over. he then jumped on his laptop and told me that my gehrig (razor brand) had only closed on ebay for $2,000, so he was not interested in trading. (he was right, as that is what i paid.) i was obviously not happy, but dealt with it as it was his card and didn't know what he had in it.

when i got home from that trip, i did a quick search and noticed that he had only paid around $4,500 for the exact ruth i was inquiring about. it kind of ticked me off that he used ebay sales to his advantage ($2,000 on the gehrig), but refused to accept ebay sales ($4,500 for the ruth) to my advantage.

such is life, but i hate dealers who do that. if ebay sales are good enough for you to go by when buying, it should be for selling as well. don't get me wrong, i know he was looking to make money, but it ridiculous to have such a steep double standard.

Members online