Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 Upper Deck Special FX Blue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
That was a fun break. The autos look awesome and you get 3 per box. 2 gu as well.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
That was a fun break. The autos look awesome and you get 3 per box. 2 gu as well.

Has the box price come down on these at all? Most of the potential hits are pretty crappy on the checklist though aren't they?

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
I remembered this thread and the rarity of these, so grabbed a Vladdy that got listed on COMC for my PC.

5fbe09ab-e45d-4dc0-804f-6b74ddecd760.jpg

@r2d2 @VizquelCollector.com - any luck in the last three years? These still as tough to find as you thought then? Has the collecting world caught on to their rarity?

Still need mine =(

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
Has the box price come down on these at all? Most of the potential hits are pretty crappy on the checklist though aren't they?

The 3 I pulled were terrible. Brian Bannister is the only memorable of the 3, simply because of a crisp auto.

Beautiful cards of long relievers and backup SS:(

EmeraldRain

Aug 21, 2008
Seattle, WA.
These are still very tough to find esp. since it often requires sifting through quarter boxes because Beckett refuses to reflect their true scarcity. Which is good and bad of course for obvious reasons.

I've been building these sets since day 1 (though the priority is extremely low) and they are becoming increasingly tougher to find for all levels, however I don't scour all the sites online and typically rely on eBay or card shows for them. I don't know if I've even hit the 50% mark for the purples but have a significant stack of greens, reds and I believe 150+ blues. I checked before and I didn't have the Omar or Cantu Blue, sorry guys. I do buy these, all versions (even base) but don't want to turn this into a buying thread so let me know what ya got and price, I'll at least respond with yay or nay.

The box price for this stuff is still way too high imo, most often you get a couple $1 autos and $1 gu cards and a couple of the other colored parallels. The Blues fell approx 1:2 boxes so even that wasn't that great since there's a ton of common guys with a 1000+ card set size. Much better off buying singles if you can find them.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Griffey and Jeter are the king autos from the set. There's also Miguel Cabrera, Cole Hamels, Andre Ethier, Jonathon Papelbon, Hanley Ramirez, Chase Utley, Adam Wainwright, Ryan Zimmerman, and my best pull--Justin Verlander. But to find those, you'll have to pull a Keith Hattig or Ruddy Lugo--and worse--along the way.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
Not including 2013 cards, I need 11 Ryan Doumit cards for 100%. Two of them are from this set (green and blue). They are tough to find.

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
Not including 2013 cards, I need 11 Ryan Doumit cards for 100%. Two of them are from this set (green and blue). They are tough to find.

I cant recall who but Im almost sure theres another guy here who is a just blue away from 100%ing his player. Its almost harder to find noname players as casual collectors could toss them due to looking like base and no serial #

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
For whatever reason I've had more trouble finding the greens than anything. I think I have more of both the blues and reds from the Pirate team set than I do of the greens, and have never seen a copy of the Jack Wilson green, which is the only one I need for the player rainbow.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
For whatever reason I've had more trouble finding the greens than anything. I think I have more of both the blues and reds from the Pirate team set than I do of the greens, and have never seen a copy of the Jack Wilson green, which is the only one I need for the player rainbow.

Well if you happen to have a green or blue doumit from your pirates team set, and ever feel like breaking it up please let me know.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Did a brief bit of looking around, and was fairly surprised to see how many of these are currently for sale.

COMC: 61
Just Commons: 50
Beckett: 14
Sportlots: 8
Sportsbuy: 5

That's 138 total, from a 1,025 large set. I didn't check for duplicates, but that's still got to be well over 10% of the blue set that's available now, six years after release. Pretty crazy, considering how many of us still haven't found ours. I'm still looking for the Jonny Gomes and Matt Diaz cards (Have never seen the Gomes; saw the Diaz upon release, but let it get away).

At this point I have 13 of the base Gomes (and half a dozen of Diaz), purchased blind in the hope that the blue might have gone unrecognized, and have recently begun purchasing duplicates of the numbered parallels out of frustration. If I have 5 purples instead of 1, it's more likely that someone will list the blue next. Right?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts