Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 Upper Deck Special FX Blue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Good timing! I just sent a couple emails to guys with boxes for sale asking if they have any more. I think there are at least four boxes for sale online at the moment:

$73
$129
$95
$70

I'm going try to find some more boxes, see if the guy at $129 will come down, and then put something together.

Edited to add: Anyone have any other leads on unopened product?

Let me know if you find any, you know I am down for a group break.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Still looking for this card:

Frank-Thomas.jpg

I've got a Pujols for trade if interested.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Bumping this thread as these came up in another thread today. Still have never seen the Lance Niekro, one of the last cards I need to complete my collection of him.

Thanks,
Jeff

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
For anyone who remembers my old Dollar Store pick-up thread where I found the Ripken GU and something else I forgot in those cheap random base card packs, I also got a quite a few of these blues in those little packs full of 85% garbage.. I'll hafta dig around and see what I got.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Thought I finally completed the Brandon Webb run of Blue's after winning this auction from Burbank:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311344860352?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Clearly labeled parallel in the title, its labeled Special F/X Blue in the description, and the picture is most obviously a Blue Parallel. Received it today and all I got was the Base Card. Pretty disappointed to say the least, I've contacted them to see what's going on. Here's a scan of the Blue Checklist I already had, and then what I received form them. From the same scanner of mine, so clearly not just a scanner issue.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Sorry to hear that man-thought I had posted in this thread about the doubts I had with Burbank listing these but I guess it was in another thread. They currently have a Niekro listed as a blue as well when the scan is clearly a SN Purple.

Thanks,
Jeff

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Sorry to hear that man-thought I had posted in this thread about the doubts I had with Burbank listing these but I guess it was in another thread. They currently have a Niekro listed as a blue as well when the scan is clearly a SN Purple.

Thanks,
Jeff

Is it one of their "stock photo" scans though? I've placed a ton of orders with them over the years and with all the parallels at least a couple of times they pulled the wrong card during fulfillment and quickly sent me the correct card, no questions asked. Hopefully it was just a fulfillment error here and you get the blue!

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Is it one of their "stock photo" scans though? I've placed a ton of orders with them over the years and with all the parallels at least a couple of times they pulled the wrong card during fulfillment and quickly sent me the correct card, no questions asked. Hopefully it was just a fulfillment error here and you get the blue!

Yep, emailed them right after I posted this and they got back right away and said they'd take care of it tomorrow. I thought maybe it was one of those stock photo incidents, because I know they tend to mix up parallels and base sometimes, but this one is pretty clearly listed as the Blue.

But it's all good news, and after I calmed down a bit, I realized I had been looking for a Base version for quite a while as well, so this may turn out quite fortune. Will update when (hopefully not "if") I get the correct Blue in. I've been doing business with Burbank for 15 years so I'm not worried about them fixing it.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Thought I finally completed the Brandon Webb run of Blue's after winning this auction from Burbank:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311344860352?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Clearly labeled parallel in the title, its labeled Special F/X Blue in the description, and the picture is most obviously a Blue Parallel. Received it today and all I got was the Base Card. Pretty disappointed to say the least, I've contacted them to see what's going on. Here's a scan of the Blue Checklist I already had, and then what I received form them. From the same scanner of mine, so clearly not just a scanner issue.

That sucks.Can you return it?

Members online

Latest posts