Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mega Post Mexican players autograph collection complete 126/126 (1/13/18)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Re: Mega Post Mexican players autograph collection 111/113 (2/8)

elmalo said:
r2d2 said:
elmalo said:
Do you consider Ted Williams to be Mexican?

Just collecting Mexican born.

tramers said:
if you need a minor leaguer playing in South atlantic league lmk

Thanks a lot for your help; I'll keep an eye on the league. Who is your home team?

jarcar said:
Great collection and congrats on the Barranca!

Thanks a lot. He's really a though one and specially for a living player and that played not that long ago. But just one of those special cases where the player doesn't sign autos after his playing days.
Veo .I wasnt sure if you were doing Mexican born or Mexican american as well.

Then my list would multiply 5 times at least and it would be hard to track them. And right now there is a mess in the press with who we call "Mexican" because of players like Adrian Gonzalez, his brother, Sergio Mitre, Augie Ojeda, etc. Everyone has their own list of Mexican players, that's why I'm sticking with just Mexican born.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island

r2d2 said:
elmalo said:
r2d2 said:
elmalo said:
Do you consider Ted Williams to be Mexican?

Just collecting Mexican born.

tramers said:
if you need a minor leaguer playing in South atlantic league lmk

Thanks a lot for your help; I'll keep an eye on the league. Who is your home team?

jarcar said:
Great collection and congrats on the Barranca!

Thanks a lot. He's really a though one and specially for a living player and that played not that long ago. But just one of those special cases where the player doesn't sign autos after his playing days.
Veo .I wasnt sure if you were doing Mexican born or Mexican american as well.

Then my list would multiply 5 times at least and it would be hard to track them. And right now there is a mess in the press with who we call "Mexican" because of players like Adrian Gonzalez, his brother, Sergio Mitre, Augie Ojeda, etc. Everyone has their own list of Mexican players, that's why I'm sticking with just Mexican born.
Ya gotta draw the line somewhere. You have a sick collection of difficult autos! GL on the last couple.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc

Hickory Crawdads home team but vistors easy to get . if no card i use ticket stubs

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City

I already had the baseball signed, but I needed a flat also and I was fortunate to find one, I never had the chance at one before:

37. German Barranca
37GermanBarranca.jpg

Still looking for Miguel Puente and Marcelino Solis to finish the project..

trauty

Oct 8, 2010

Congrats! Barranca is a pain in the butt.

Here's mine:

55747.jpg

The toughest living Royal for me was probably Barranca or Steve Hovley (although there are still a few I don't have - Roland de la Maza and Dwight Taylor being a couple that seem somewhat tough, although I have heard of some successes).

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City

trauty said:
Congrats! Barranca is a pain in the butt.

Here's mine:

55747.jpg

The toughest living Royal for me was probably Barranca or Steve Hovley (although there are still a few I don't have - Roland de la Maza and Dwight Taylor being a couple that seem somewhat tough, although I have heard of some successes).

Thanks, I know how tough he is.

I've seen your auto before. I found it while googling Barranca + auto. Have I e-mailed with you before?
Where did you get yours? Mine was from a rare appearance on ebay. I've read that he has turned down at least $500 for a couple of autos, what a weird case.

trauty

Oct 8, 2010

I bought it off of ebay for around $10. It was a cut (which I framed with a custom - I think I will try to improve on my custom at some point). I was in on the failed signing and know the guy who wanted it arranged. He already had a signed index card but wanted a card signed since he specifically wanted a signed card from every Royals player ever. I think he ended up finding a signed minor league card of Barranca a year or 2 ago.
I seem to recall something about Barranca feeling he wasn't given a fair shot in the MLB so he has washed his hands of his baseball career.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City

trauty said:
I bought it off of ebay for around $10. It was a cut (which I framed with a custom - I think I will try to improve on my custom at some point). I was in on the failed signing and know the guy who wanted it arranged. He already had a signed index card but wanted a card signed since he specifically wanted a signed card from every Royals player ever. I think he ended up finding a signed minor league card of Barranca a year or 2 ago.
I seem to recall something about Barranca feeling he wasn't given a fair shot in the MLB so he has washed his hands of his baseball career.

Nice price. Mine was $16, not a bad price considering what I was willing to pay.

I also remember the person trying to arrange the signing on other site. I can't believe how lucky he was to find a signed card, I've never seen one in years.

Thanks for the info on Barranca, I didn't know why he was embittered with baseball.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Re: Mega Post Mexican players autograph collection 112/113 (7/4)

Just one more to go! (Marcelino Solis)

I just received from a friend these items from Miguel Puente (1970 San Francisco Giants). He was #20 on the list.

20MiguelPuente.jpg

20MiguelPuente.jpg

Current stats:
Cards / plain items: 112/113 (although I would like a better one from Aceves)
Basbealls: 81/113

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
101.- Yovani Gallardo
101YovaniGallardo.jpg

102- Luis Mendoza
102LuisMendoza.jpg

103.- Germán Duran
103GermanDuran.jpg

104.- Jaime García
104JaimeGarcia.jpg

105.- Marco Estrada
105.jpg

106.- Alfredo Aceves
106AlfredoAceves.jpg

107.- Luis A. Cruz
107LuisCruz.jpg

108.- Freddy Sandoval
108.jpg

109.- Ramiro Peña
109RamiroPena.jpg

110.- Walter Silva
110WalterSilva.jpg

111.- Javier A. López
111JavierLopez.jpg

112. Francisco Rodriguez (not the Venezuelan closer of the Mets)
112FranciscoRodriguez.jpg

113. Fernando Salas
113FernandoSalas.jpg

114. Miguel A. Gonzalez (2012 Baltimore Orioles)
114MiguelGonzalez.jpg

115. Ali Solis (2012 San Diego Padres)
115AliSolis_zps871bdde5.jpg

116. Roberto Osuna (2015 Toronto Blue Jays)

117. Arnold Leon (2015 Oakland A's)

118. Daniel Castro (2015 Atlanta Braves)

119. Manny Bañuelos (2015 Atlanta Braves)

120. Luis Cessa (2016 New York Yankees)

121. Cesar Vargas (2016 San Diego Padres)

122. Julio Urias (2016 Los Angeles Dodgers)

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Just want to toss this out there and this is a great thread to do so (nice theme collection, by the way). If anyone can point me in the direction of a Noe Munoz autograph (address, trade, whatever) please let me know. He had a brief stint with the Dodgers and thus, I want his signature.

He has a Facebook page, but not sure it is him that runs it and no answer. I guess he is quite well known in the mexican baseball circles, but not so much in the US.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Just want to toss this out there and this is a great thread to do so (nice theme collection, by the way). If anyone can point me in the direction of a Noe Munoz autograph (address, trade, whatever) please let me know. He had a brief stint with the Dodgers and thus, I want his signature.

He has a Facebook page, but not sure it is him that runs it and no answer. I guess he is quite well known in the mexican baseball circles, but not so much in the US.

Right now he's coaching in the Winter League (Mexican Pacific League) and last year he still played in the Summer League (Mexican League of Baseball) at his 45 years of age. I don't remember right now (my collection is back home) if I have an extra for him but I can try to get you one. In what do you need him? His 1995 San Antonio Missions card or anything?

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Thanks for the offer to help. I would prefer his card, except I don't yet have one. Looks like I need to buy the set or single as a stand-by. At this point, the card would be my #1 preference, but I'd take anything signed to fill a hole.

Curt

Members online