Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mega Post Mexican players autograph collection complete 126/126 (1/13/18)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Just a reminder ; if they play for or against Hickory Crawdads in Hickory I should be able to get autos on something even if no cards issued yet.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Finally the collection is complete to date.

The final piece arrived to Mexico today:
#12 Marcelino Solis (1958 Cubs)

Can't find the words to describe the excitement I am feeling right now :D!
This is the first complete collection

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Congratulations! I'm at 42/43 so far for my Japanese MLB collection. Tanaka Masahiro will probably put a dent in my wallet when he debuts this year though.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Congratulations! I'm at 42/43 so far for my Japanese MLB collection. Tanaka Masahiro will probably put a dent in my wallet when he debuts this year though.

Thank you very much. Are you sure it isn't 52/53? In a previous update you were 46/52. Who is the one missing? Good luck with the Tanaka

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Thank you very much. Are you sure it isn't 52/53? In a previous update you were 46/52. Who is the one missing? Good luck with the Tanaka

I was lazy so I looked it up in wikipedia. Shows how accurate that site is. I went through my collection and it's at 49/50. I have Wada of the Orioles but he has yet to play a game in the majors. The one I'm missing is Takashi Kashiwada. He played for the Mets in 1997. I actually bought a signed index card a while ago and sent it in to PSA/DNA and it came back inconclusive so my search continues.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Awesome! How did you finally find it? And what makes it so rare?

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Congratulations! I know that you have been working on this for some time. If there are any Carolina League players who you need, let me know.
DANNY

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Awesome! How did you finally find it? And what makes it so rare?

I traded an item of my personal collection (GU jersey) to a friend in El Paso, Tx who also collects Mexicans. I know he had only one that he had gotten in the 80s in Monterrey
Solis played for the 1958 Cubs and was back in Mexico the next year and it appears he never signed TTM as he has a 1959 Topps that I have never seen signed. Well, actually one but it is from a very shady dealer. In Ebay I had only seen an index card and it went above $200 about 5 years ago besides a 58 Cubs team signed baseball that went over $300.

Congratulations! I know that you have been working on this for some time. If there are any Carolina League players who you need, let me know.
DANNY

Thank you very much. I'll keep it in mind

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Arnold Leon just pitched last night with the A's after being called up last year and not being in a game before being sent down:

Last edited:

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Couple of updates:

Daniel Castro was called up for a day on June 17 by the Braves and had one at bat were he got a hit. I got his only card (minor league from last year) but no auto yet, so he breaks the collection momentarily.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Whoa sweet! Not sure how I haven't seen this specific thread for your collection before but it's a fantastic record of your finds! Keep it up!

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Whoa sweet! Not sure how I haven't seen this specific thread for your collection before but it's a fantastic record of your finds! Keep it up!

Thanks for the nice comment.

Waiting for October for the Mexicans player gathering for Charity to help you out with your Brewers project. I haven't forget =)