Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need some help on SV for a lot

What is the value of this lot?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
I have the following lot of cards scanned below and need a realistic assessment on the value of the lot. I plan on listing it via BIN/BO so take that into account. There are 72 cards total.

lot1-1.jpg

lot2.jpg

lot3.jpg

lot4.jpg

lot5.jpg

lot6.jpg

lot7.jpg

lot8.jpg

lot9.jpg

lot10.jpg

lot11.jpg

lot12.jpg

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
nyc3 said:
Have you checked ebays completed listings? That may help a bit.

Do you mean for each individual card? If so, then no. I have looked at lots though and it's hard to gauge because the brand/type of cards vary so much to get a decent idea.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
Sorry, can't help on the SV part, but usually with those type of lots, it is best to list as a straight auction and you may be surprised what you get.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
I think BIN/BO is a huge mistake on this type of lot. No offense, but most of these cards are crap. Some of them were once decent, but most of the prospects have fizzled out and are generally worthless. I think you'd be much better off listing via auction because of the possibility of a bidding war. I think there are a lot of bidders who browse these types of lots with a set price (per card) that they know they can pay and make a profit. Get a couple of these bidders each believing an extra nickel a card won't affect their profits too much and you have a bidding war. Just my two cents.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
Codasco07 said:
I think BIN/BO is a huge mistake on this type of lot. No offense, but most of these cards are crap. Some of them were once decent, but most of the prospects have fizzled out and are generally worthless. I think you'd be much better off listing via auction because of the possibility of a bidding war. I think there are a lot of bidders who browse these types of lots with a set price (per card) that they know they can pay and make a profit. Get a couple of these bidders each believing an extra nickel a card won't affect their profits too much and you have a bidding war. Just my two cents.

No offense taken, I was trying to lump the cards based by value so a lot of them are low end "junk". I will rethink the BIN/BO option, I thought that would be the best route but apparently not. Thanks for all the help so far guys.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
That's an awful lot of work for someone who wins that lot- I think $100-$120 is a fair price for you to sell it at, but someone who is going to try to flip those would only offer you around $80-90.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Looking closely at that lot, there is not a single card that draws me in. It's just a stack of stuff that would barely sell individually, and the few that would, are by no means worth the purchace price. Having said that, I would not be shocked to see it not sell at all, but figure it could get $50 or so.

Good luck.

rico08 said:
I'd be happy with $2-3 for each but I wouldn't go the BIN/BO route.

$150 - $225? I bet you would!! :)

Members online