Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OT: Significant Other Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

Always wondered this.

There are a ton of us that are online almost all of the time on here shooting the ****, talking sports, busting cards, trading, etc.

I know that a lof of you guys are married or have girlfriends.

And my question is what do they think of you spending so much time on here?

I personally don't have a girlfriend, but if I did I couldn't imagine spending as much time online as I currently do, on here, MySpace, etc. Really now though I am only online when I am at work because the laptop at home is currently out of commission and has been for a few weeks.

You guys ever take any flak for being on here a lot? I can't imagine many wifes being too happy about their husband just sitting around the house all the time on FCB.

mrniceguy1126

Oct 6, 2008
NEPA
I used to hear about it a lot, but she's mellowed about that in the past few months. I don't spend as much time online as I used to, though, so maybe that had something to do with it. :p

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
well I'm 56 , spend time with son 15 , grandchildren and wife . don't fish ,hunt,golf and can't drink ,work 45 hours a week this is what i do to relax.

Pete14Rose

Aug 13, 2008
Virginia
My wife and I have been togehter for 10 years. At this point she's glad I have other things to do than bug her :D

Seriously though, I'm on here on my down time mostly. But I work from home the majority of time so I have freedoms most don't. The rest of my free time is spent playing with the kids, watching Spongebob with my one daughter (seems like a lot!), we go out, go to parks, go to dinner, go to familys houses, take trips to NJ...

So surprisingly, as much time as it seems I spend on here...it really isn't a lot. But then again I barely sleep 4-5 hours a day....so my days a pretty long lol

lordsepic

Aug 9, 2008
I hear about it occasionally but my argument is... I don't ever go out drinking or partying and I am always with her and the baby... so she understands I need some time to myself sometimes

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
My wife doesn't mind. She asks me about it. I tell her about all the grown men who ridicule one another about cards and she :lol:

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
I've got two hobbies.....

Photography
Message Boards

I tell my wife, "Which would you rather me do? Photography and the message boards OR drinking, drugs, beating all of you, and having a mistress?" "A man has to have a hobby, so I'll let you choose between those."

So far, she's always decided that photography and the message boards are the best option.

:)

David

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
dethomas07 said:
I've got two hobbies.....

Photography
Message Boards

I tell my wife, "Which would you rather me do? Photography and the message boards OR drinking, drugs, beating all of you, and having a mistress?" "A man has to have a hobby, so I'll let you choose between those."

So far, she's always decided that photography and the message boards are the best option.

:)

David

Well done David! :lol:

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I don't have a girlfriend, but if the situation arose where I had one and she had any sort of problem with me posting on this message board, I'd probably punch her in the face. Or, I'd go out and find some 19 year old ***** to screw to teach her to appreciate what she has. Now me posting on a message board doesn't seem like such a bad thing, huh *****?

In all seriousness, girls have had problems with me posting on other message boards, namely Tucker Max's board.

G

JoshHamilton said:
Or, I'd go out and find some 19 year old ***** to screw to teach her to appreciate what she has.

Been thinking about this a lot lately, :lol:

Pete14Rose

Aug 13, 2008
Virginia
JoshHamilton said:
I don't have a girlfriend, but if the situation arose where I had one and she had any sort of problem with me posting on this message board, I'd probably punch her in the face. Or, I'd go out and find some 19 year old ***** to screw to teach her to appreciate what she has. Now me posting on a message board doesn't seem like such a bad thing, huh *****?

In all seriousness, girls have had problems with me posting on other message boards, namely Tucker Max's board.

Ummm...ok. A tad bit on the vulgar side. Not complaining, just observing.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Pete14Rose said:
JoshHamilton said:

Ummm...ok. A tad bit on the vulgar side. Not complaining, just observing.

Mysogynistic, rude, offensive? Sure

Vulgar? No. I don't think ***** or ***** are considered vulgar words in any culture

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
My wife has no problem with it. We spend several hours a day together typically, so my being active on the internet is not an issue.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
JoshHamilton said:

:?
6 days ago you were calling your "girlfriend" dumb in your banking/paypal scam thread.
She get wind of your rant and boot ya?? :lol:

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Musial Collector said:
JoshHamilton said:

6 days ago you were calling your "girlfriend" dumb in your banking/paypal scam thread.
:lol: :lol:

Found it: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18676

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Musial Collector said:
JoshHamilton said:

The cops instructed her to move her stuff out after my roommate called the cops on her because she threatened to key his car. We were already broken up at the time, I just 1. didn't want to see her homeless, and 2. I enjoyed using her Ebay account. Then I had to deal with the inconvenience of screwing around at a bank yesterday opening a checking account so I could open my own Ebay account. I don't like being inconvenienced

Pete14Rose

Aug 13, 2008
Virginia
JoshHamilton said:
Musial Collector said:
JoshHamilton said:

The cops instructed her to move her stuff out after my roommate called the cops on her because she threatened to key his car. We were already broken up at the time, I just 1. didn't want to see her homeless, and 2. I enjoyed using her Ebay account. Then I had to deal with the inconvenience of screwing around at a bank yesterday opening a checking account so I could open my own Ebay account. I don't like being inconvenienced

:sigh: I don't even have to comment, I know someone else will.

Latest posts