Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

martincp

Aug 10, 2008
Re: OFFICIAL- Vintage Pickup Thread.

scotty - very very NICE!!!! :eek:

Have just started buying t3's myself. Just waiting for them to arrive and will post scans.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008

martincp said:
scotty - very very NICE!!!! :eek:

Have just started buying t3's myself. Just waiting for them to arrive and will post scans.
Thanks! :)

And can't wait to see your T3's!!!

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008

ThoseBackPages said:
hofautos said:
4730.jpg

That has fantastic centering and POP!

what did it run?

THANKS! more than book, but I usually always pay a premium for vintage with good eye appeal....it's also one of the most undervalued cards imho...
$350

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York

hofautos said:
ThoseBackPages said:
hofautos said:

That has fantastic centering and POP!

what did it run?

THANKS! more than book, but I usually always pay a premium for vintage with good eye appeal....it's also one of the most undervalued cards imho...
$350

Very well played! Thats one of the nices 7's ive seen (and ive seen a lot! lol)

martincp

Aug 10, 2008

Here goes - my first foray into the wonderful world of t3's. The thing that amazes you about these cards are the size - they are almost A5 paper sized or in vintage card terms four graded t-206s are just bigger than these graded t3's :!:

Bergen - paid for by NFL betting

4528947647.jpg

Bergen back
4528947648.jpg

Paskert - paid for by my girlfriend - 10th year anniversary gift :D

4528947649.jpg

Paskert back
4528947650.jpg

I am officially hooked on this set. Apologies for the large scans but they are large cards and need displaying large!

Chris D.

Aug 7, 2008

Martin,

Beautiful. Like I told Scotty, they are like giant T206's. Great images on those. Congrats. You guys are making me want to shift my current collecting projects.

martincp

Aug 10, 2008

Thanks Chris,

When the box arrived that they were mailed in I jokingly said to the gf they would be as big as the box. Only when I opened them did I find they nearly were! bear in mind I have never seen one of these in person before opening the parcel today :!:

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008

WOW fantastic T3's, Martin!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Aren't they beautys in person?! I can see why you are hooked onto the set, I am too! :)

Congrats man....and here is to many more!!! ;)

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York

martincp said:
Here goes - my first foray into the wonderful world of t3's. The thing that amazes you about these cards are the size - they are almost A5 paper sized or in vintage card terms four graded t-206s are just bigger than these graded t3's :!:

Bergen - paid for by NFL betting

4528947647.jpg

Bergen back
4528947648.jpg

Paskert - paid for by my girlfriend - 10th year anniversary gift :D

4528947649.jpg

Paskert back
4528947650.jpg

I am officially hooked on this set. Apologies for the large scans but they are large cards and need displaying large!

Wow, those look amazing!

Whats the story with these "cards"? Obviously they werent inserted in cigarette packs! lol

martincp

Aug 10, 2008

Wow, those look amazing!

Whats the story with these "cards"? Obviously they werent inserted in cigarette packs! lol

The info printed on the bottom of the back of the Bergen card with the checklist is all I really know at this stage. It seems you collected a certain number of tokens from the cigarette/cigar packs you opened and then sent them off with a request for one of these cards. I'm guessing this would have meant there were a lot of Cobb's, Mathewson's and the other prominent players from this set in circulation as opposed to the lesser players as collectors would seek the 'better' players first? If anyone has any info or threories with regards this I'd be interested to know.

BTW thanks to everyone for the kind words

Chris D.

Aug 7, 2008

Scotty, I regret to inform you and I am by no means an expert, but I believe that card has been altered.

;)

rc4157

Aug 10, 2008

Martin - Congrats on your new interests!!

Man I am jealous of that Paskert, I love the Reds uniforms of that era and those cards really show them off.

Chris - You have quite the eye to pick up those slight alterations :D

Nice pickup Scotty.

RC

allstars

Mar 17, 2009

ThoseBackPages said:
Weird that it's his first Topps Card

Not weird, there's actually a story behind this:

Stan the Man had a contract with Bowman until 1955. Stan wanted more $ from Topps because Bowman paid him more than Topps' standard contract amt. It took until '58 to get Stan to accept the Topps offer lolo.

Members online