Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graymouse

Sep 1, 2008
Re: OFFICIAL- Vintage Pickup Thread.

Chris: Ah, yeah I remember that post now. So, you sold your 1960 topps set to buy pre-war cards? Are you not collecting post-war cards any more?

Here is one more that I just won: Brings the total up to 4 now. Just need 5 more to complete my Rustlers team subset. After this is done I will move on to the T206 cards. There are 14 of those.

T205_HERZOG.jpg

Chris D.

Aug 7, 2008

Graymouse said:
Chris: Ah, yeah I remember that post now. So, you sold your 1960 topps set to buy pre-war cards? Are you not collecting post-war cards any more?

Here is one more that I just won: Brings the total up to 4 now. Just need 5 more to complete my Rustlers team subset. After this is done I will move on to the T206 cards. There are 14 of those.

T205_HERZOG.jpg

I never had a 60 set. I think you mean ebayaddict? I collect both pre-war and post-war vintage.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota

Chris D. said:
Graymouse said:
Here are two more t205's for Boston Rustlers collection: 3/9. After I finished the T205 I will move onto the T206 cards.

T205_FERGUSON.jpg

T205_MATTERN.jpg

Minpin: Haven't seen you in a while I was wondering how your set is coming along. I am still stuck with one card left. However, that will not hold me down from collecting more vintage cards. I clicked on your link to see your cards but you got it set to you have a password to see your collection.

Musial collector: great Musial collection you got.

Scotty: Great Sporting Life M116! I love the colors in the background!

Chris: Where has bikerider60 gone. i have not seen him in ages!

He made a post a while ago about not picking anything else up because he was putting his funds into the pond he is building. He seems to post mostly on the General Discussion board right now. I miss his additions. He bought some great stuff.

That he did, the U.S. Caramel Ruth is one of the best cards I've ever seen from someone here. If not the best.

Graymouse

Sep 1, 2008

Chris D. said:
Graymouse said:

T205_HERZOG.jpg

I never had a 60 set. I think you mean ebayaddict? I collect both pre-war and post-war vintage.

Opps sorry I guess my memory isn't what it used to be. At a ripe old age of 31 it seems I am loosing my mind. :lol:

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008

Graymouse said:
Thanks! I love the colors also :)

I won a sweet vintage card tonight, I'll post a pic tomorrow when I pay for it

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008

scotty21690 said:
Graymouse said:
Thanks! I love the colors also :)

I won a sweet vintage card tonight, I'll post a pic tomorrow when I pay for it
Won this one last night...got outbid on the H.B. "Dutch" Leonard M101 from the same seller so I won this one. His cards never show up, and I love the picture on this one. And yes Jay, I am a copycat. :p

duffylewis.jpg

EDIT: 1,000th post in the vintage forum, wooo!

EbAyAdDiCt

Aug 7, 2008

Fantastic additions guys.....................Finally, Bat Off incoming! Hopefully tomorrow :)

t206psa2sears.jpg

EbAyAdDiCt

Aug 7, 2008

Nice pickups (Love the Ryan) Big day for sure!.......... No Cobb today............... :cry: Monday?
Light paper loss on the back of the Cobb. Sovereign back though.

MONDAY......YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Hello, Mr. COBB............

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL

Well, it's not a T206 but I have been thinking about starting a Cubs type card collection. I have a T3 and now a T201:

t201everschance.jpg

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA

There's a triple fold Tinker/Evers/Chance card that I'd like to own some day. Nice addition!

The final card for the 7th series arrived today. I decided to do the high number (high dollar) series first and get them out of the way. Card #545 completes the 7th.
I probably have a little over a hundred cards to go overall to complete the set.
DANNY
1962595.jpg

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota

dano7 said:
There's a triple fold Tinker/Evers/Chance card that I'd like to own some day. Nice addition!

The final card for the 7th series arrived today. I decided to do the high number (high dollar) series first and get them out of the way. Card #545 completes the 7th.
I probably have a little over a hundred cards to go overall to complete the set.
DANNY
1962595.jpg

Great pcikup Dano, and good luck on the rest. PM with the cards you need if it isn't too much trouble. I've got a few 62's around. Actually I'll probably just pm you with what I can find

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA

Junior Griffey said:
Danny, I think I have a Santo from the '62 set if you need him. Let me know either way.
I need a Santo, #170. LMK.
DANNY

minpin

Dec 27, 2008
Manhattan

Great Pick-ups everyone......there have been some true "vintage" flashes on this board recently! I finally found some time between the New Baby and traveling for work to scan some new additions to my 1955 Topps set.

mailday1001.jpg

Keep your eye out for more other additions throughout the week!

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA

I've been extremely busy lately, so I haven't been around in a few days. Absolutely amazing pickups, everyone! Keep up the good work!

Members online