Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Re: OFFICIAL- Vintage Pickup Thread.

jeff550 said:
dano7 said:
Chris D. said:
Beautiful, Danny! What was the grade of the one that arrived smashed?
It was a PSA 5. I paid more for that one, but substantially more.
However, this card looks very nice for a SGC 4, so I'm satisfied with it.
DANNY
did you ever get the smashed one worked out with the po
I settled up with ebay and got my money back. I sent the card back to the seller ( with ebay's intervention)and let him deal with the PO, which was fair, as it was his fault (partially) for poor packaging. With that said, I've had numerous graded cards arrive in the same type mailers with no damage.
I REALLY would have liked to have had that first card.
DANNY

rc4157

Aug 10, 2008

Dano - I'm glad you finally got your Mantle, it looks fantastic.

Also looking forward to seeing the Aaron and the completion of your set. Pretty good week!!

Here are 2 recent pickups: '33 Goudey of Walter Brown, another checked off the list.
Brown is card #192 and I think it is also 192 of 240 Goudeys for me, just found that interesting.

The Leaf Kluszewski is pretty sweet for me, I had looked at Nationals for one and they were either too costly or pretty poor condition, this one was perfect for my collecting tastes.

RC

Leaf48-TedKluszewski.jpg
192-WalterBrown.jpg

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA

Two great pickups, RC. Congrats!

Mailman dropped this off today:

t201_1911_cicotte_thoney.jpg

EbAyAdDiCt

Aug 7, 2008

Mr. Cobb (my first Exhibits)........................but not my last!

cobbexhibit.jpg

rc4157

Aug 10, 2008

Thanks Jay - Great pickup for you on the Cicotte. I just finished reading "Burying the Black Sox" by Gene Carney. It's a pretty good read, gets more into the coverup of management who wanted to keep their $$$$ coming in.

It brings out more info I think than some of the previous studies.

RC

rc4157

Aug 10, 2008

Wow Scotty - That is a sweet Cobb, I have just a few exhibits but none that nice.

Edit: Looks like the Cobb is really "EbayAddicts", congrats! I looked to quickly I guess.
RC

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL

Picked up only the Marquard PSA 4 on the left. #94 in the set for me. If anyone can crop this so it just has that card in the pic, I would be grateful. :)

1.jpg

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA

WOW....some great additions by everyone in the past day!
Exhibit cards are overlooked by collectors, too often. Seeing that Cobb will probably get some of us interested.
DANNY

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL

Thanks for the scan, Scotty! Almost to 100, and I might have a line on my favorite card in the set for the next one I pick up. I'll show it if I get a deal made.

rc4157

Aug 10, 2008

Danny - Official congratulations on the completion of the '62 set, that's got to feel great!

RC

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA

rc4157 said:
Danny - Official congratulations on the completion of the '62 set, that's got to feel great!

RC
Thank you!
I don't know whether to go after the '67 set or the '64 set next. The '64 set would keep me in sequence, as I already have '63. The '67 would complete all of the odd year sets of the 60's.
DANNY

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota

dano7 said:
rc4157 said:

RC
Thank you!
I don't know whether to go after the '67 set or the '64 set next. The '64 set would keep me in sequence, as I already have '63. The '67 would complete all of the odd year sets of the 60's.
DANNY

Well if you decide to go for either, I've got dupes from both sets that I could try to help you out with. And again congrats on the completion. It feels good to complete a set you've been working on forever

EbAyAdDiCt

Aug 7, 2008

Congrats on the '62 set.............(tuff borders and all). Beautiful T206 cards, the colors make that set a real treat for the eyes. :D

Members online