Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
guys, thanks for nice comments on my latest pickups. Now, I'm no expert on grading, but if I remember correctly, doesn't any crease mean a card can grade no higher than a 5? They don't show up very well in a scan, but when I turn the card just so, the light's glare reveals them. Then there's that border problem at the bottom. All in all, still a very nice card - maybe my nicest older vintage.

hodges2.jpg

rc4157

Aug 10, 2008
Thanks guys,

I just pick them up when I see them at a decent/affordable price (for me)...Unfortunately, some of those I still need are most likely out of my price range. But I have been very lucky and I do have some of the more desirable cards, including one of the Ruth's and a Gehrig amongst others.

I am way behind in my scanning but you can see them in my photobucket site in two areas:

"1933 Goudey Sheets" shows the cards in 9 card holder/pages, I scanned these a couple of years ago.

"1933 Goudey Individuals" shows the cards individually and I scan my newest cards in that folder and have started to get the cards in "Sheets" transferred to that folder but haven't worked too diligently towards that end.

Thanks again and happy collecting.

RC

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
jay1065 said:
Nice OJ! Are you working on the set, or a sub-set of some sort?

I'm not working on the set. I just have a different kind of player collection with sports cards with the first or last name Hogan. This OJ is one of three poses. I have about 35different Hogan cards. Mostly pre-war.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Three more 1961 Post Yankees arrived today. I now have all of the A/non-company cards and need a few more of the company cards to complete the total 1961 Post Yankee set.
DANNY
61PostCervDuren.jpg

61PostLopez-1.jpg

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
scotty21690 said:
Uh oh, did someone hit the "F5" key on the T210 set? ;)

:)

Good one, Scott. Yup, back to the Old Mills. Taking a different approach this time. I'm starting with one card for each team, then going after the full set from there (except for Jackson and Stengel....way too much $$$.) I'm going at it knowing that it will most likely never be complete, but that's ok. Just going to enjoy the ride this time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts