Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
It's been quite some time since I posted here, so I thought I'd post some recent pickups.

I had a fantastic time in Cleveland. Picked up a lot of great stuff. Hit many sets, finished off several 70's basketball Trail Blazers sets, finished an OPC Dodger team set, plus many others. I also brought home two targeted cards.

First, my 4th Brooklyn Superbas Cracker Jack:
View attachment 82414

And second, my first T202 Hassan Triple Folder:
View attachment 82415

I also started my first non-sport set, 1956 Topps Flags of the World. I came home with three of the 80 needed, and then found a decent deal for 75/80 on eBay:
View attachment 82416

Last, but certainly not least, today's mail brought a gift from one of my OBC brethren, the last four cards needed to finish my 1953 Bowman Color set - including Yogi Berra! YES! The '53 Color is easily my favorite postwar set.

Great pickups and congrats on your set completion!!!! Be careful, those T202 cards can be addictive!

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
My second T207

5ygl0x.jpg

joesoper

A couple of oddballs I picked up a while back, forgot I had them until the other day while cleaning out a drawer and found a couple unopened padded envelopes. I live in Abu Dhabi so do actually have a mailing address, I have to use a courier service that forwards mail to my wifes office. Apparently a few packages arrived while I was on a business trip and she forgot to tell me. They've been in that drawer for about 18 months or so. 1966 Topps Comic Foldee(Ruth, Wanda Witch, Wonder Woman) 1889 Duke Terrors of America, 1910 Murad S10 College Silks. I love finding stuff that is a little on the obscure side.

ruth back.jpgimg-180729064226-0001.jpgimg-180729071036-0001.jpg

Last edited:

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
These also arrived yesterday, which I got as a lot. Don't need the Chase card, but I can probably turn it over easily.

T202 Chase Ready For The Squeeze Play 8/27/18 by Danny Secrist, on Flickr

T202 Bush Just Misses Austin PSA 2 8/27/18 by Danny Secrist, on Flickr

T202 Scoring From Second SGC A 8/27/18 by Danny Secrist, on Flickr

T202 Tom Jones At Bat SGC 50 8/27/18 by Danny Secrist, on Flickr

I didnt realize you were going after Triple Folders. I love that set and they are actually affordable (for the most part) as well. Nice collection you have going.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I picked up another Diamond Star Hall of Famer. I am loving this set with each card I purchase. Looking for lower grades with little or no creases that present nice. These cards are 83 years old so as long as they have great eye appeal I am going to collect them.

I owe it all to this thread that got me interested in these guys.

earl averill dk.jpg

Why this is posting two pictures I will never know. lol

Attachments

• earl averill dk.jpg
    earl averill dk.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I picked up another Diamond Star Hall of Famer. I am loving this set with each card I purchase. Looking for lower grades with little or no creases that present nice. These cards are 83 years old so as long as they have great eye appeal I am going to collect them.

I owe it all to this thread that got me interested in these guys.

View attachment 82780

Why this is posting two pictures I will never know. lol

I am looking for an affordable Averill #100 to complete the high numbers! Love it that you are enjoying these. Though they don't quite fit my Yankees collection 9which I already have for both sets), I enjoy the T202 and Diamond Stars cards the most and buy some occasionally. At 42 T202 and 65 Diamond Stars! No plans to complete either, but you never know!

Members online