Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Didn't get a HoF but I've definitely needed something from this set. Still an interesting player who posted a 0.96 season era in 1914 and who famously feuded with Ty Cobb for many years.View attachment 86897

Sent from my SM-N960U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

How are these in person? I've only seen pictures, I've hesitated adding a couple for my red Sox collection because I wasn't sure how it would fit in, I like the idea though.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
A 1912 T207 Frank Chance was a bucket list vintage card for me. A super affordable one popped up on eBay today, less than half the price I wanted to pay for one. Has a funky miscut top border, and would probably only grade authentic, but was perfect for what I wanted. Excited to add a vintage card of the "Peerless Leader" to my Cubs collection.

chanceT207.jpg

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Some people hate the brown t207s, but I'm certainly a fan. Despite the Trim, that Chance is sweet. Now you need the t202 with Tinker, Evers, and Chance on it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Growing up, I had this book, which really is a great book with descriptions of all the vintage sets, key players, and most unique cards in each set. It's a great read. I remember them being really down on the T207 set, saying it was one of the worst vintage sets and would never be popular with collectors. T207 is a polarizing set, either you love it or hate it. I love it. The brown backgrounds seem to fit a cigarette card, kinda smoky and tobacco-stained. I wanted a T207 Chance more than a T206 or T205 gold border.

s-l1600.jpg

Members online