Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Been saving for this for a while and finally found one that was centered (well as far as '54's go) and no bends/creases. Presents well for a 4. Could've gotten a real nice raw one for the same price and subbed it myself, but in the end, knowing it wasn't altered was enough for me to get a lower grade but already slabbed.

Ernie Banks 1954 PSA 4.jpg

Nice card but CENTERED? Not! It's no better than 85/15 T-B.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
It's centered well enough for me where I'm more than happy with it. Those '54's are never perfect and most of his seem to be a lot worse than this one.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Sucks that you'd have to buy a lot like that for a single card, unless you got a screaming deal, although the rest of the lot isn't a bad group to be "stuck" with either. Nice Maris rookie. I had one that was poor because it had been glued into a scrap book, but it looked nice from the front. Never did pick one up to replace that one that I accidentally snapped in half because it was so brittle from the glue!

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Sucks that you'd have to buy a lot like that for a single card, unless you got a screaming deal, although the rest of the lot isn't a bad group to be "stuck" with either. Nice Maris rookie. I had one that was poor because it had been glued into a scrap book, but it looked nice from the front. Never did pick one up to replace that one that I accidentally snapped in half because it was so brittle from the glue!
I should be able to get enough for the other cards to make the Clemente end up being free. The Maris, Robinson and Killebrew cards are solid.

DANNY

21ccl

Aug 26, 2012
Got this today for .50 and it is in pretty bad condition but it is the oldest card in my collection!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    651.5 KB · Views: 24

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
1941 Double Play Hank Greenberg/Red Ruffing (PSA 4)
1941 Double Play Joe Gordon/Charley Keller
For my Yankees set.
DANNY

Last edited:

Members online