Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL

It is fun watching your progress, such a great colorful set.

Here's my latest vintage pickup. For $25 ($5 per card) you don't get much baseball material from 1907. These are Raphael Tuck & Sons Oilette Baseball Series postcards. RTS was the largest postcard printer in the world at the time. Oilette was the tradename of their printing process that looked like oil paintings. They printed their cards in England, but sold these in the United States.

Disappointing thing is that this was a set of 6, so I'm still missing one card. These 5 were all mailed to the same person in California. Too bad there wasn't one more.

RaphaelTuckPostcard1A.jpg
RaphaelTuckPostcard1B.jpg

RaphaelTuckPostcard2A.jpg
RaphaelTuckPostcard2B.jpg

RaphaelTuckPostcard3A.jpg
RaphaelTuckPostcard3B.jpg

RaphaelTuckPostcard4A.jpg
RaphaelTuckPostcard4B.jpg

RaphaelTuckPostcard5A.jpg
RaphaelTuckPostcard5B.jpg

Last edited:

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Catching up on a few recent pickups. The '59 and '69 were just too good of a deal to not buy. The '66 was an upgrade on my PSA 5.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

domino2012

Aug 17, 2008
Mourmelon le Grand, France
2 recent cards that arrived (eventhough we are on lock-down, some mail gets through... thankfully).

IMG_20200416_113710.jpg

More incoming and 2 being graded at SGC as we speak... I'll share it all when the cards arrive. :)
Take care and stay safe.
Dom

Members online

Latest posts