Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
rc4157 said:
Martin, good to see you with some T-206's again, welcome.
It's been a while for me as well, here are 2 Reds W571-1's, the Scarsella is #22 of the set.
Walters is an upgrade.
RC
ScarsellaLee-W571-1.jpg
WaltersBucky-W571-1Upgrade.jpg
Very nice, Rc....did you end up finishing that set?

rc4157

Aug 10, 2008
scotty21690 said:
rc4157 said:
Martin, good to see you with some T-206's again, welcome.
It's been a while for me as well, here are 2 Reds W571-1's, the Scarsella is #22 of the set.
Walters is an upgrade.
RC
ScarsellaLee-W571-1.jpg
WaltersBucky-W571-1Upgrade.jpg
Very nice, Rc....did you end up finishing that set?
The Scarsella is #22 out of 32 cards for me. I pick them up when I see them, I know there is one that is extremely scarce but you never know.
Thanks, RC

Graymouse

Sep 1, 2008
Tedw9 said:
I've been doing more selling than buying lately. But all that selling has paid off as I just put all my money into this.

1962packfront.jpg
1962packback.jpg

Now I'm just waiting for it to arrive!

Sick Ted. Sick. Love the vintage wax! Are you going to free it from its tomb? You might end up with some PSA 8 or better. However the centering on 62's is horrible with a captial H!

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
I guess I'm too impatient/bored to wait until I have my snags in hand before posting the pickups, but I've got another 3 from my current projeect crossed off the list. Already have a morgan in my patrial 65 set, but with my project I'm trying to acquire all the cards on my list without messing with any of my sets. Partial or not. Also not trying to break the bank with this project so they are not going to be in high grade condition. Try to keep it at EX or better, or cards that just have nice eye appeal.

Here is the damage:

!CD4yc-wB2k~$(KGrHqV,!icE0HQHifzdBNQFUt4HgQ~~0_3.jpg
!CDkNJfgBmk~$(KGrHqYOKi!E0Cgd!snFBNPEcNV!D!~~_12.jpg
!CDol3tQ!2k~$(KGrHqUOKnIEz6TrDnSKBNPO!rMg5g~~_12.jpg

Stargell has some surface scuffs from the look of it, but I like the centering. Carlton has a wrinkle or a crease on the top right corner and the seller says he noticed a pen mark on the back as he was getting it packaged up so we'll see if it affects me keeping the card nor not.

Tedw9

Apr 1, 2010
TNP777 and fattymacs, nice to see some familiar faces here! Thanks for the kind words guys.

scotty21690 said:
Holy crap!!

.....A Don Mossi sighting! :D :lol:

jkjk.....INCREDIBLE piece right there, very cool. How many cards came in a pack of 62 Topps?

Thanks Scotty! I've read that cellos from before 1970 came with 12 cards per pack.

Graymouse said:
Sick Ted. Sick. Love the vintage wax! Are you going to free it from its tomb? You might end up with some PSA 8 or better. However the centering on 62's is horrible with a captial H!

Thanks Graymouse! (Love the username, I work with mice.) I was recently bitten by the vintage wax bug, so I am just starting out. I will be leaving this bad boy right in the holder. If I ever wanted/needed to sell it, it will be easier already in the PSA holder. The first series is LOADED with HOF'ers, but the pull of a PSA 8 or 9 isn't enough for me. And like you said, the 62's are notorious for bad centering.

Tedw9

Apr 1, 2010
wolfmanalfredo said:
I guess I'm too impatient/bored to wait until I have my snags in hand before posting the pickups, but I've got another 3 from my current projeect crossed off the list. Already have a morgan in my patrial 65 set, but with my project I'm trying to acquire all the cards on my list without messing with any of my sets. Partial or not. Also not trying to break the bank with this project so they are not going to be in high grade condition. Try to keep it at EX or better, or cards that just have nice eye appeal.

Here is the damage:

!CD4yc-wB2k~$(KGrHqV,!icE0HQHifzdBNQFUt4HgQ~~0_3.jpg
!CDkNJfgBmk~$(KGrHqYOKi!E0Cgd!snFBNPEcNV!D!~~_12.jpg
!CDol3tQ!2k~$(KGrHqUOKnIEz6TrDnSKBNPO!rMg5g~~_12.jpg

Stargell has some surface scuffs from the look of it, but I like the centering. Carlton has a wrinkle or a crease on the top right corner and the seller says he noticed a pen mark on the back as he was getting it packaged up so we'll see if it affects me keeping the card nor not.

Wolfman, LOVE the HOF rookies! Those have nice eye appeal, looks like you did very well!

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Non-Yankee vintage card with a Yankee connection. Mantle's father named him Mickey after Mickey Cochrane, so I had to have a vintage Cochrane card. Since I've been buying some Diamond Star Yankees, I chose this card.
DANNY
DiamondStarsCochrane.jpg

Tedw9

Apr 1, 2010
Nice pickup on the Diamond Stars Danny.

I love the color to them, they jump off the card!

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Thanks for the kind words. The Diamond Stars have become one of my favorite vintage sets because of the colors on them.

Here are some vintage 1951 Bowman cards that arrived today. I purchased off of ebay and sent them TTM. I'm partial to 1951 as it is my birth year. YES....I'm really that old :cool:
Special thanks to Lancemountain for information on living players from that set.

Bob Kuzava
Sam Mele
Tom Saffell

TTMKuzava.jpg
TTMMele.jpg
TTMSaffell.jpg

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
not bad for a buck!

rabbisandy.jpg

Members online