Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Thanks! 3 more non-spoets cards that I picked up the other day. Just love the oldness of these and I'm somewhat a Disney fan.

1935 Gum Inc Mickey Mouse Cards

View attachment 97028

One of my earliest old cards was a 1933 Wheaties Skippy Strikes 'em Out card. I found it when I was first starting out with my collection. I think it was in an old scrapbook my dad made as a kid. Too bad he never collected real baseball cards! I treated it like any other baseball card I had though.

prewarcards-wheaties-skippy-pitcher.jpg

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
One of my earliest old cards was a 1933 Wheaties Skippy Strikes 'em Out card. I found it when I was first starting out with my collection. I think it was in an old scrapbook my dad made as a kid. Too bad he never collected real baseball cards! I treated it like any other baseball card I had though.

View attachment 97042

Nice....never seen one of those!

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona

View attachment 97042

That's pretty cool. Yeah, to bad your dad wasn't into baseball cards back then. You would have had a sweet collection! ;)

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Nice, how many Diamond stars do you have now? Are you planning on getting them all graded at some point?

I am working on the set, needing just over 10 more. I'm at the point where I'm waiting on others to appear. Not planning on getting all of them graded, though.

domino2012

Aug 17, 2008
Mourmelon le Grand, France
Hello all!

As some of you know, I'm building a "Master Set" of Willie Mays. His playing days only for now and until I completed the Topps and Bowman runs I'm not going for anything else besides his cards (no multi player for example) unless I have a "deal of the century" type of thing.

To make things harder, I want to do the following: 51 - PSA 1 or 2, 52 - PSA 2 or 3 - 53 to 58 - PSA 4 or higher and then go for PSA 8 only when possible. There are a few that are complicated in there but the higher the better.

Basically, the 3 big ones for me are 51-52-53. (budget wise I'm speaking of course).

Today, I can officially say that I'm temporarily broke... which just means a break in more additions for a little while simply because I picked up this beautiful 53 Topps Mays.

I also pictured it with my other Mays cards. (I also have a raw 62 incoming). The raw cards will be sent to SGC later in the year.

Sorry for the long read but I'm pretty excited about this addition and it is SUCH A BEAUTY!!!
1953 Topps PSA 4.jpg Group picture 3 feb 2020.jpg

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Hello all!

As some of you know, I'm building a "Master Set" of Willie Mays. His playing days only for now and until I completed the Topps and Bowman runs I'm not going for anything else besides his cards (no multi player for example) unless I have a "deal of the century" type of thing.

To make things harder, I want to do the following: 51 - PSA 1 or 2, 52 - PSA 2 or 3 - 53 to 58 - PSA 4 or higher and then go for PSA 8 only when possible. There are a few that are complicated in there but the higher the better.

Basically, the 3 big ones for me are 51-52-53. (budget wise I'm speaking of course).

Today, I can officially say that I'm temporarily broke... which just means a break in more additions for a little while simply because I picked up this beautiful 53 Topps Mays.

I also pictured it with my other Mays cards. (I also have a raw 62 incoming). The raw cards will be sent to SGC later in the year.

Sorry for the long read but I'm pretty excited about this addition and it is SUCH A BEAUTY!!!
View attachment 97093 View attachment 97094

Nice addition to your Mays collection!!! Congrats!

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona

Members online

Latest posts