Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
A couple more Yankees arrived yesterday.
W514 Carl Mays
1922 E120 American Caramel Frank (Home Run) Baker
DANNY

selah150pslm

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
Finally got a T201.

1 down, 2 to go.

EversDblFolder.jpg
ChanceDblFolder.jpg

selah150pslm

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
I have a question that I've been wondering about for a while, figured this would be a good place to ask. I've been picking up a handful of cards from 1911 and before lately that are graded by PSA or SGC. I've stayed away from the cards graded 'Authentic' up to this point assuming there must be a reason they don't get a grade, but when I'm picking up cards graded 1, 2 or 3 anyways I guess it doesn't matter. Are they mostly graded Authentic because the person thought that looked better than a low grade or is there another thought process to that? Do any of you pick up or stay away from Authentic grades?

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I have a question that I've been wondering about for a while, figured this would be a good place to ask. I've been picking up a handful of cards from 1911 and before lately that are graded by PSA or SGC. I've stayed away from the cards graded 'Authentic' up to this point assuming there must be a reason they don't get a grade, but when I'm picking up cards graded 1, 2 or 3 anyways I guess it doesn't matter. Are they mostly graded Authentic because the person thought that looked better than a low grade or is there another thought process to that? Do any of you pick up or stay away from Authentic grades?

Sometimes someone might want to get it in Authentic grade is if they know it's trimmed or altered....therefore it wouldn't get a numerical grade. Doesn't mean anything labeled Authentic is bad, that's just one reason why it may be like that.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Love the Diamond Stars! I'll never complete it, but I enjoy picking up a card now and then. This one arrived today.
DANNY

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
Been quite a while since I've been on here. Its been great looking through this thread. Some great pickups all around. Just added this one the other day:

1921_e121_d327_holsum_bread.jpg

Members online