Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RepublicaninMass

Mar 31, 2010
massachusetts
scotty21690 said:
RepublicaninMass said:
thanks guys, I am glad we all have a place to share our collection! The card will go back to PSa for a numerical grade even though it is a 1.5 or 2 at best, anyone can tell the auto is a 9!
Noo! The blue label looks great :(

By the way, want to trade Reese autos? ;)

MAYBE if it was on a 53 bowman :)

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
dano7 said:
Finally another Yankee addition!
T202 Hassan Triple Folder:
Sweeney Gets Stahl with Sweeney and Ford PSA 5
DANNY
T202SweeneyFord.jpg
A Jake Stahl sighting!!! :mrgreen:

Very nice pickup, Danny! I still need to get a T202 for my PC...

rc4157

Aug 10, 2008
Great pickups everyone, I really like those T202's. I only have a couple but it would be easy for me to get pulled into collecting those also.

RC

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Thanks! I really like the T202's also. It's like getting three cards for one. I've got a few more Americans/Yankees cards to find and add. Some cards can be found at good prices in the SGC 40/PSA 3 range.
DANNY

mannyramirezcollec

Apr 11, 2009
Finally got this in

5519467893_01a700dc08.jpg

May try and get all the HOF'ers in the set(with the exception on Jackie Robinson as that would be crazy expensive)

Pretty sure they're 20 of them in the set, does someone know the exact number?

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Picked up 3 '58s for the set. Nothing much, but I saw a seller had them for a total of $1 a piece including shipping costs.

Of course, you can only imagine what the centering and corners are on these babys :lol:

Alex Kellner.
George Zuverink (got the entire border of the next card with it, and the beginning of the stat box and comic :lol: )
Hank Foiles

IDK how many cards I am in the set, but it's probably 20-30. Going to a couple shows so I will take a checklist along and work on that.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
This is all Zan's fault.

green.jpg
kiki.jpg

After he posted his Greenberg R312 pickup, I did some searching on the set. The Greenberg was cheap because of the trim, but still looks awesome. I loved the KiKi after looking into the set so I had to get one :p . If I ever decide to go after a whole vintage set, it might be this one. Gorgeous pictures, loads of HoFers, and affordability make it ideal for me.

I've also got 2 completely different pieces coming in this week. When they do I'll be posting another obsession that's taken ahold recently.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
WoundedDuck said:
This is all Zan's fault.

green.jpg

Guilty as charged! :D Looks awesome! Just saw mine in person yesterday, and it's so awesome! Do you have them in hand?

The Cuyler has good color too, it'd be an awesome set to go after. The DiMaggio will be the most expensive by far, even in bad condition.

Brian

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Zan said:
Guilty as charged! :D Looks awesome! Just saw mine in person yesterday, and it's so awesome! Do you have them in hand?

The Cuyler has good color too, it'd be an awesome set to go after. The DiMaggio will be the most expensive by far, even in bad condition.

Brian

Got them both in hand. I try to resist posting pick ups until I have them securely in my clutches :p . The DiMaggio is definately the key to the set. If I somehow am able to pick it up in the future for a reasonable price then I'll think harder about going for the set.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
WoundedDuck said:
Zan said:

Brian

Got them both in hand. I try to resist posting pick ups until I have them securely in my clutches :p . The DiMaggio is definately the key to the set. If I somehow am able to pick it up in the future for a reasonable price then I'll think harder about going for the set.
I will keep an eye out for you.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
elmalo said:
dano7 said:
Finally another Yankee addition!
T202 Hassan Triple Folder:
Sweeney Gets Stahl with Sweeney and Ford PSA 5
DANNY
T202SweeneyFord.jpg
Wouldnt that be Higlanders?

You're exactly right they were the Highlanders through the 1912 season. It's interesting that on the back of the card it calls them the New York Americans, as an American League team.
DANNY

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
#75/520:

t206_131_donovan.jpg

Latest posts