Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graymouse

Sep 1, 2008
Here are 3 more to add to the pile. Please enjoy!

On a side note with every card that I add to my 56' set I really like it even more. The artwork is fantastic! I really like the "in action" shots and also the backgrounds really bring the game closer. If I take a deep enough breath I probably could smell the the grass on the ballfields or the smell of fresh hotdogs in the air. Its the last "artwork" set before Topps started using real photos begining in 1957.

59_SANTIAGO.jpg

104_LENNON.jpg

170_VIRDON.jpg

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008
Been after a signed t206 for a while after a Marquard I bought got lost by the seller. I have one more coming.

doyle.jpg
livingstone.jpg

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
birdsfan85 said:
Been after a signed t206 for a while after a Marquard I bought got lost by the seller. I have one more coming.

doyle.jpg
livingstone.jpg
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
cards like this are the reason I love vintage. What was this kid thinking? Were there more cards like this that he threaded string through so he had some sort of book?

goudeycuccinello.jpg

Just one more to go, and my '33 Dodger set is done - HOFer Hack Wilson.

rc4157

Aug 10, 2008
Finally picked up a few more cards, two '33 Goudeys bringing me to 201/240 and a W572 Rixey. Too bad he doesn't have a Cincy cap on but it's still listed as Cincinnati.
RC
64-BurleighGrimes.jpg
164-LloydWaner.jpg
RixeyEppa-W572.jpg

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
My latest and greatest pick up of my new vintage collection:

2.jpg

1.jpg

the next card I purchase will be a T202 #64 Tinker/Chance

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
RiceLynnEvans75 said:

A pitcher for the Washington? His name is Johnson, not Strasburg? Yawn.....

:lol:

Just kidding. Great pickup! The Big Train's portrait variation is by far my favorite T206. Congrats!

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
jay1065 said:
RiceLynnEvans75 said:

Just kidding. Great pickup! The Big Train's portrait variation is by far my favorite T206. Congrats!

:lol: No kidding on the Strasburg comment!

This is by far my favorite T206 as well. I totally changed direction with my collection this year and I set out to pick up three specific cards this year with this being the second one I've gotten out of the three. I cracked it out of the PSA holder as soon as it got here and I'll be sending it to SGC. The best part is, I sold off a bunch of my modern stuff that I don't really care about anyway to pay for this so it's almost like I just did one big trade and never saw money leave my bank account. I just let it build up in Paypal and then sent it off to the seller.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
dano7 said:
I got the other Roanoke player I know about, Shag Shaughnessy on a T206 PSA 4 card.
DANNY
T206ShaughnessyPSA4.jpg

To go along with the card, I also obtained this, for $20.49 on ebay. Shag (Frank Shaughnessy) was not only a professional ball player, but he also managed the Roanoke team for a while. In addition, he was an attorney here in Roanoke. This adds local and baseball history to my collection!
DANNY
FrankShagShaughnessyauto.jpg

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
RiceLynnEvans75 said:
jay1065 said:
RiceLynnEvans75 said:

This is by far my favorite T206 as well. I totally changed direction with my collection this year and I set out to pick up three specific cards this year with this being the second one I've gotten out of the three. I cracked it out of the PSA holder as soon as it got here and I'll be sending it to SGC. The best part is, I sold off a bunch of my modern stuff that I don't really care about anyway to pay for this so it's almost like I just did one big trade and never saw money leave my bank account. I just let it build up in Paypal and then sent it off to the seller.

Sorry for the late reply. XP crashed severely Friday night, and I just finished rebuilding everything. As for your post, what are the other two cards?

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
jay1065 said:
RiceLynnEvans75 said:
jay1065 said:
RiceLynnEvans75 said:

Sorry for the late reply. XP crashed severely Friday night, and I just finished rebuilding everything. As for your post, what are the other two cards?

The other one I picked up was the '53 Bowman Color Pee Wee Reese. That is my favorite card ever made with the Johnson being my favorite T206. The third is a '38 Goudey Bob Feller but I'm really leaning away from it and am considering some more portraits from T206 or a couple of T205 cards.

Members online