Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
Wow, those Montiels look great! They are so so tough in good condition. I'm guessing 5's for each

I only wish they were 5's. For the life of me I can't figure out the grading on these. The dirty one got a 2 and the very clean, what I thought was going to get a 5 only got a 2.5. Crazy! I honestly have no clue why.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Not sure if I've ever shown this but I picked this guy up about 15 years ago. Pretty decent shape for 105 years old.

m116-1.jpg

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Last month I bought a 1921 photo of Carl Lundgren, a pitcher with the Chicago Cubs from 1902-1908 who was born in the town next to mine. It shows Lundgren after retirement and in his capacity as the Head Baseball Coach of the University of Illinois and an instructor of coaching in the Physical Education college.

lundgren1923_b.jpg

A closeup of Lundgren

lundgren1923_a.jpg

Today it happens that I purchased a 1921 coursebook for the coaching class he taught, authored by Lundgren and famed U of I football and baseball coach George Huff. It was interesting in that you can see the coursebook in the photo, sitting by the baseball bat in the photo above.

$_1.JPG
$_1.JPG

Also interesting that the baseball field pegboard teaching tool in the photo is recreated in the book.

$_1.JPG

The coursebook itself has nice photos of U of I players from 1920.

$_1.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts