Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
j113jl.jpg

I love picking up new cards for my type set for $2 apiece

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Yup. Paper loss doesn't bother me as long as it's on the back. I've been building the set in low grade since I was on the PSA boards a decade ago. I might actually have the full set minus the Anson by now. I'll buy low grade cards and sell the extras as a lot in major auctions.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Super cool. My brain doesn't want to accept seeing the baseball diamond up-side-down for learning/strategic purposes.

Last month I bought a 1921 photo of Carl Lundgren, a pitcher with the Chicago Cubs from 1902-1908 who was born in the town next to mine. It shows Lundgren after retirement and in his capacity as the Head Baseball Coach of the University of Illinois and an instructor of coaching in the Physical Education college.

lundgren1923_b.jpg

A closeup of Lundgren

lundgren1923_a.jpg

Today it happens that I purchased a 1921 coursebook for the coaching class he taught, authored by Lundgren and famed U of I football and baseball coach George Huff. It was interesting in that you can see the coursebook in the photo, sitting by the baseball bat in the photo above.

$_1.JPG
$_1.JPG

Also interesting that the baseball field pegboard teaching tool in the photo is recreated in the book.

$_1.JPG

The coursebook itself has nice photos of U of I players from 1920.

$_1.JPG

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Outstanding cards [MENTION=3275]Lancemountain[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1888]JoshHamilton[/MENTION]

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Nice McGraw!

I finally added another Yankee to my vintage collection! 1910 E93 Standard Carmel Hal Chase, PSA 4.
DANNY

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
It is interesting that this T205 arrived today for me. I found a T205 Yankee/Highlander that I didn't have on my checklist.
DANNY

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts