Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

'05 Playoff Absolute Update Team Case Break - SOLD OUT!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Here we go again. 1 18 box case of 2005 Playoff Absolute Memorabilia Update.

4 packs per box, 4 cards per pack

Look for (1) Autograph Card, (1) Prime/Jumbo Swatch Game-Used Card, (1) 4+Swatch Game-Used Card, and (1) Game-Used Memorabilia Card per box on average!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the 30 slots = 30 mlb teams

to be fair everyone has a shot at the best teams/worst teams.

Once all 30 slots are taken, I randomly draw a fcb member out of a hat and do the same thing with the teams.

This is the fairest way to do this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Price per slot is $125, case will be ordered when we hit 20/25 slots sold. Will give this a few days, if not much activity I will have the thread locked and will come up with some other cool ideas.

1 - masonphillip - paid
2 - justinmandawg - paid
3 - justinmandawg - paid
4 - lisu - paid
5 - Erich - paid
6 - moxacaine - paid
7 - prospectorgems - paid
8 - Derek2011 - paid
9 - blazers091 - paid
10 - MGiuseffi - paid
11 - MGiuseffi - paid
12 - Bigfan5 - paid
13 - Captain Feathersword - paid
14 - brokenliz1 - bust a move!!
15 - wasabicracker - paid
16 - Stryk - paid
17 - Bill Menard - paid
18 - bigalbert - paid
19 - chuckbartowski - paid
20 - AKA Coastal - paid
21 - ahill1 - paid
22 - elemin8 - paid
23 - daveyou - paid
24 - Bill Menard - paid
25 - ccolwell - paid
26 - bigalbert - paid
27 - AMAZIN HOF COLLECTOR - paid
28 - yanksfan4eva - paid
29 - erich - paid
30 - MGiuseffi - paid

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
Re: '05 Playoff Absolute Update Team Case Break - Now Open

Perhaps split it into 2 9 box breaks? Would make the price better for most of us here. Just a thought. I'll try and raise paypal for this one, it'd be a CRAZY break.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA

ahh screw it, put me down for one slot. I guess ill take the gamble. When do you need payment by?

Your in MD right? If you need any help busting the case let me know. :D

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008

Where is the case coming from??? I may have to scratch around for some $$$.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008

insane....i may have to mull this over. very interested but have to look over my budget.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008

steve-a-reno said:
Where is the case coming from??? I may have to scratch around for some $$$.

Not sure yet, I am still looking around. Might end up buying one from Blowout.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.

this is a sick break.. I wish I had the cash right now to jump in on it cause I surely would!

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008

All In Cards said:
[quote="steve-a-reno":tlzjunfn]Where is the case coming from??? I may have to scratch around for some $$$.

Not sure yet, I am still looking around. Might end up buying one from Blowout.[/quote:tlzjunfn]

So will they take a best offer on the case? If they do would the price change? I'd love to get in on it. Thanks

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008

I'm not trying to start any trouble. I do have an honest question. These cases are $3250 at Blowout cards web site. 30 teams x $125 = $3750. So the $500 is for shipping 30 packages with insurance and a modest profit for fronting the cost of the case and your labor to package and ship?

I'm just trying to figure out how these team case breaks work. If I missed a FAQ somewhere, please point me in the right direction.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008

Tom Oates said:
I'm not trying to start any trouble. I do have an honest question. These cases are $3250 at Blowout cards web site. 30 teams x $125 = $3750. So the $500 is for shipping 30 packages with insurance and a modest profit for fronting the cost of the case and your labor to package and ship?

I'm just trying to figure out how these team case breaks work. If I missed a FAQ somewhere, please point me in the right direction.

You have shipping of $100-150ish, supplies of $100ish (andrew does one touch and nice cases like that), paypal fees on all the money recieved will be $120ish, right there you are looking at wiping out 350ish of that $500 so there you go...

Hope that helps

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States

this product is pretty tough to ship

And I know andrew's shipping practices

He will ship priority and with all hits in magnetic one touches. He does a bang up job. Considering all of this his price is about $150 too high.

And then you consider that you sometimes have to give discounts when slots become hard to sell there goes that $150 cushion.

I have broken cases like this before. And every time I have came up drastically in the red. With Andrew doing this service for the board (and I assure you, it is a service) it is unfair to ask him to take a hit every time he does a break.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008

masonphillip said:
Tom Oates said:

You have shipping of $100-150ish, supplies of $100ish (andrew does one touch and nice cases like that), paypal fees on all the money recieved will be $120ish, right there you are looking at wiping out 350ish of that $500 so there you go...

Hope that helps

That makes sense. Seems that the higher the price point, the bigger the risk for the organizer. Forgot to factor in PAYPAL on top of everything else.

Would it make sense to drop down to a nine box mini case break and give people two teams? This would help fill up the group faster and by having two teams there is less risk someone will get stuck with relatively large loss. Whomever gets stuck with the Nationals get's "Absolutely" nothing of value from a case of 2005 Absolute Update right? That would be a brutal team draw for $125.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008

cgilmo said:

He will ship priority and with all hits in magnetic one touches. He does a bang up job. Considering all of this his price is about $150 too high.

And then you consider that you sometimes have to give discounts when slots become hard to sell there goes that $150 cushion.

I have broken cases like this before. And every time I have came up drastically in the red. With Andrew doing this service for the board (and I assure you, it is a service) it is unfair to ask him to take a hit every time he does a break.

Definately not expecting him to take a financial hit or questioning his integrity. That's why I was very careful about how I worded my inquiry. I haven't been in any of these breaks yet and I figured it made sense to ask my questions before I made an uneducated decision. I've been mighty tempted by Absolute Update but havn't quite convinced myself to go for it. This might be a good way to get in with relatively minimal risk.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States

Tom Oates said:
cgilmo said:

Definately not expecting him to take a financial hit or questioning his integrity. That's why I was very careful about how I worded my inquiry. I haven't been in any of these breaks yet and I figured it made sense to ask my questions before I made an uneducated decision. I've been mighty tempted by Absolute Update but havn't quite convinced myself to go for it. This might be a good way to get in with relatively minimal risk.

that is the nature of team case breaks

Like all wax, they are risky, but at least its a cheaper buy in.

Billy Packer

Aug 7, 2008

cgilmo said:
Tom Oates said:
cgilmo said:

that is the nature of team case breaks

Like all wax, they are risky, but at least its a cheaper buy in.

Gilmore is right - this is the nature of team case breaks. That's why, as was discussed in Andrew's thread re: a potential Prime Patches break, a fairer way to a break like this would be to randomize the members and then just distribute the hits as they come up. There's still an element of chance involved and some participants will fare better than others, but at least your not stuck with a lousy or underrepresented team. I'd never think about participating in a break like this if it was team-specific, no matter what the cost.

Members online

Latest posts