Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Spring Training success thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Chris Pettit on a 2010 Topps card, signed in black ball point, sent to the Angels ST site on 2/25/10.

Mike Harkey on a 1989 Donruss card, signed in black sharpie, sent to the Yankees ST site on 2/13/10.
DANNY

TTMPettit.jpg

TTMHarkey.jpg

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
At last, I finally got a return

andrusgonzo.jpg

Elvis Andrus c/o Rangers ST and Mike Gonzalez c/o Orioles ST, both roughly 2 weeks.

2 down, 18 to go for ST!

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Jorge De La Rosa on a 2010 Topps card, signed in fine blue sharpie, sent to the Rockies ST site on 2/24/10.
DANNY

TTMDeLaRosa.jpg

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
Greg Cleveland said:
17ROCKIES12 said:
Any one send to Mark McGwire? I've thought about it, but so far I haven't been able to do it.

I did (see 1st post, page 1) but I'm not hoilding my breath. Wait and see.

I hope McGwire signs for none of you ungrateful fans! All he did was entertain everyone and save baseball, and the fans just hate on him. I hope he turns his nose up at all of them!

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
bodiaz said:
Greg Cleveland said:
17ROCKIES12 said:
Any one send to Mark McGwire? I've thought about it, but so far I haven't been able to do it.

I hope McGwire signs for none of you ungrateful fans! All he did was entertain everyone and save baseball, and the fans just hate on him. I hope he turns his nose up at all of them!

Based on his signing habits as a player, I don't think it will change significantly as a coach. We can hope, but it's doubtful.
DANNY

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
dano7 said:
bodiaz said:
Greg Cleveland said:
17ROCKIES12 said:

Based on his signing habits as a player, I don't think it will change significantly as a coach. We can hope, but it's doubtful.
DANNY

And not everybody is a hater on Mark, either. If I hated him, I wouldn't have sent out a request.

And I sent out a card to Stephen Strasburg today. We'll see what happens with that one.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Greg Cleveland said:
dano7 said:
bodiaz said:
[quote="Greg Cleveland":112oj01u]
17ROCKIES12 said:

DANNY

And not everybody is a hater on Mark, either. If I hated him, I wouldn't have sent out a request.

And I sent out a card to Stephen Strasburg today. We'll see what happens with that one.[/quote:112oj01u]

I sent out to Strasburg yesterday. I would love to see Mark start signing, as I'd love a TTM auto of him. I, also, don't hate him. He's not the only one to use steroids during those years and baseball is also guilty of ignoring the obvious. They wanted the fans to come back, so they conveniently looked the other way. The baseball executives and trainers
also showed little regard for the long term health of the players.
DANNY

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
bodiaz said:
Greg Cleveland said:
17ROCKIES12 said:

Ungrateful? I will admit, I love Josh Hamilton more, but Big Mac was my favorite growing up, and brought me to the game I love, and I am NOT un-grateful. I was heartbroken when Bonds beat his single season record, and when he retired, and when he admitted steroid use. Just because you side with the steroid users, doesn't mean it is you vs. the world on everything. I still am a big fan, and I haven't burned any of my McGwire things, nor will I, infact, I might even see him April 2nd when the Cardinals come to the Field. Even though I have never seen him play in person, just seeing him would be the greatest thing in my baseball life.

I doubt he will sign though, most plaers of his caliber won't

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
TBTwinsFan said:
bodiaz said:
Greg Cleveland said:
17ROCKIES12 said:

Ungrateful? I will admit, I love Josh Hamilton more, but Big Mac was my favorite growing up, and brought me to the game I love, and I am NOT un-grateful. I was heartbroken when Bonds beat his single season record, and when he retired, and when he admitted steroid use. Just because you side with the steroid users, doesn't mean it is you vs. the world on everything. I still am a big fan, and I haven't burned any of my McGwire things, nor will I, infact, I might even see him April 2nd when the Cardinals come to the Field. Even though I have never seen him play in person, just seeing him would be the greatest thing in my baseball life.

I am saying for the most part fans quit on him. I know there are some smart fans that realize everyone that cared was using something, and know it was not that big of an advantage anyway. But for the most part fans are stupid, and they think steriods are magic pills that make you hit home runs, and you are evil if you use them.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
bodiaz said:
TBTwinsFan said:
bodiaz said:
Greg Cleveland said:
17ROCKIES12 said:

I am saying for the most part fans quit on him. I know there are some smart fans that realize everyone that cared was using something, and know it was not that big of an advantage anyway. But for the most part fans are stupid, and they think steriods are magic pills that make you hit home runs, and you are evil if you use them.

No they arn't magic pills that make you hit homeruns... if that were the case than Rondell White would have smoked a LOT, but they do give somewhat of a physical advantage

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Mat Gamel on a 2010 Topps card, signed in black sharpie, sent to the Brewers ST site on 2/25/10.
DANNY
TTMGamel.jpg

TBTwinsFan said:
bodiaz said:
Greg Cleveland said:
17ROCKIES12 said:

mcgwire has been signing like crazy down in jupiter. I have contacts down there. Some guy got 18 from him over the span of 1 week, another guy over 10 in about a week. Well see how he is during the season. NOW is the season to get im in person if you have ever wanted him. Im goin down there next week. Im gonna bring 10 things with me. If i come home with 1 ill be happy, but ill see if i can get as many as i can.

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
Big Mac McGwire said:
TBTwinsFan said:
bodiaz said:
[quote="Greg Cleveland":3c6eclw7]
17ROCKIES12 said:

mcgwire has been signing like crazy down in jupiter. I have contacts down there. Some guy got 18 from him over the span of 1 week, another guy over 10 in about a week. Well see how he is during the season. NOW is the season to get im in person if you have ever wanted him. Im goin down there next week. Im gonna bring 10 things with me. If i come home with 1 ill be happy, but ill see if i can get as many as i can.[/quote:3c6eclw7]

Wow thats awesome to hear! hope he signs during the season. Good move by Mac signing, i bet he earns back alot of fans, though I've always liked and respected the guy alot

Members online

Latest posts