Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Pro Shooter Marbles - I may be on to something

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Anyone looking for their guy from this rare test issue? I got a very interesting email sent to my Mark Grace address this morning (see below ). I emailed back and let him know I was interested in a checklist, and told him I would probably be able to get him in contact with some very serious player collectors. So if you want me to pass on your info to him, let me know who you are looking for and your email address in a PM. I can't promise anything, but these are super rare and this might lead to something.

-------

"Brad, I stumbled upon your site while searching pro shooter marbles. I ran into three boxes of these a couple of years back, and am thinking of selling them. I have almost a full set of marbles, lots of dups, several checklists (there is one for each league I believe ), also saved the empty packs, and the three empty boxes. I am not to computer savvy, but will try to get you pics of the stuff. Will also let you know when they are going to go up on ebay, or what ever I end up doing with them. I know they are super rare, as I have never seen them anywhere else. My brother sold some a long time ago on ebay, I'm curious if that's where you got yours. LMK if you have any ideas or questions. Thanks"

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Man I could kick myself in the ass. I remember seeing these at the dollar store several years ago and passed them up. I would like a shot at any Dodgers therein.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
list.jpg

Sorry it's so small. I can shrink pics, but don't know how to blow them up! Listing is from the SCD Annual, 1997 Topps "Pro Shooters" Marbles. (I assume this is what you're talking about.) If the Paul Molitor is a Twin, that'd be the one I'd want.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I see Gwynn in there! Another not on my "official" checklist but I'd definitely be interested for the right price!!!!!!!!

**EDIT** I'd be interested in a checklist card, too, if Gwynn was on that!!!!

chief7575

Feb 1, 2010
A checklist would be nice to pick up. I appreciate Greg C for posting that price "GUIDE" and I use "GUIDE" as a very loose term. I cannot tell you how astoundingly off they are for a Fryman price (and probably everybody else too) and the checklists. If you doubled the CL price - you might be close.
I've been recently re-doing all of my fryman pictures and scans for my website - have the marble handy.

97ToppsMarble.jpg

- Greg

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
I think this is a really cool test issue. I wish my guy were in the set, and I hope that you guys are able to add them to your collections.

Good luck...

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Update - my home PC's harddrive crashed last week, so sorry no response until now.

I exchanged emails with this guy today. He's deciding whether or not he wants to sell them, and if he is going to use ebay. I'm trying to convince him there are eager collectors that he should let me get in contact with. So if he says it's okay, I'll send all the PM's I got his email address and let you email him your offers.

Hope this works out - will update the situation as I know/hear more from him.

Members online

Latest posts