Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need suggestions from the IP gurus......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chowell3fan

Jan 27, 2010
Whaler Country
I am not a huge IP guy, as not going to ST or having a MLB team in my state prevents me from many opportunities, however, my kids and I do frequent our local AA team, and both have expressed interest in gaining autographs this year. So, my question is two-fold

1) For the local team (btw, Rock Cats, Twins AA) is the best bet to get a team set at the start of the year and have them obtain the autos on the cards? Maybe splurge and by them each a jersey to get signed?
2) I already have my tickets for the 4 games that the Senators come in to town in late April. I really hope they both can get an opportunity to get Strasburg, as they both have read about him, and because Dad has been crowing about him since the draft, they are pretty hyped up. What would be a good piece to get him to sign? (if they are lucky enough)

These will be for their collections with no intent of resale, but I just wanted to hear what you guys thought.

Thanks for the read.

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
chowell3fan said:
I am not a huge IP guy, as not going to ST or having a MLB team in my state prevents me from many opportunities, however, my kids and I do frequent our local AA team, and both have expressed interest in gaining autographs this year. So, my question is two-fold

1) For the local team (btw, Rock Cats, Twins AA) is the best bet to get a team set at the start of the year and have them obtain the autos on the cards? Maybe splurge and by them each a jersey to get signed? I say a team set or check the roster and try to acquire lots of cards of certain players on the team or teams playing against your team, id also suggest single mlb balls for the big name prospects or team balls might be fun for your kids to collect :D
2) I already have my tickets for the 4 games that the Senators come in to town in late April. I really hope they both can get an opportunity to get Strasburg, as they both have read about him, and because Dad has been crowing about him since the draft, they are pretty hyped up. What would be a good piece to get him to sign? (if they are lucky enough) Definitely an Official Major League Baseball for Stras or an 8x10

These will be for their collections with no intent of resale, but I just wanted to hear what you guys thought.

Thanks for the read.

get a team bagged set. get one for each kid. Give them BLUE sharpies and let them go hunting. Don't waste time getting a jersey or team balls signed. Get a ball signed by the Top Prospect if one is on the team, and get him on a OFFICIAL MLB BALL. But if there just starting out, get them team sets and give the markers. Thats always fun. I love getting cards signed , i have top prospects sign balls, but go for cards at the games.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
For your local team the card sets do not come out until June or so. In the meantime, check the roster when it comes out and get some tristar, topps debut, bowman, etc, whatever set that the players are in. For Strasburg an 8x10 or a ball is simply the way to go. There is no other option lol. Have fun this year doing graphs! I know I will. :cool:

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
let the kids do it their way one night and another night for keepsake . my g/son was getting his own autos at age two [ pic in sig ] bb is my son . i use ticket stubs if no cards . my local team is low "A"
Picture011.jpg

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
In addition to the great advice already given, if there is a player that is supposed to be a real good prospect and you don't have a card yet, get your ticket stub signed. Great momento of the game that way.
A lot of times a couple of the starting pitchers who aren't in the game will sit somewhere behind home plate with the radar gun or doing pitch count/pitch selection stuff. I'll sometimes ask some of the visiting players if one or two are up there if I don't see them dressed out for the game.
DANNY

goblue6919

Aug 7, 2008
hey man, i live pretty close to New Britian and I plan on going to some games this year. I'm also pretty sure I'll be at that Harrisburg game which will be attended by every dealer that graphs the Eastern League.

It is a pretty easy stadium to get autographs and the gates open really early.

From looking at the Fort Myers Miracle(Twins Hi A) roster from last year and talking to guys at Twins milb spring training, I'm 99% the following guys will be on the RockCats this year.

Ben Revere (08 Tri Star Prospects Plus, Projections etc)
Deolis Guerra (07 BDP etc)
Angel Morales (08 Tri Star projections pretty sure he's in a bowman set also)
Chris Parmelee (06 BDP, Tri Star, 05 AFLAC etc)
Nick Romero (08 BDP)
Carlos Guttierez (Razor)

All those guys are pretty friendly besides Parmelee who isn't the friendliest player you will meet.

If I were you, I would consider getting Ben Revere on a major league baseball (cost around $15) or buy a major league baseball and try to get everyone on the RockCats on it.

You can get cards for all of those guys on ebay(try to find a seller with free shipping)
www.justcommons.com (mehmet is a great guy)
www.sportslots.com

Also, if you are interested, check out http://www.futurestarphotos.com/index/c ... esota.html
Brian is a great guy and sells really sweet photos of most of the guys that will be on New Britain and other players that will be playing the RockCats.

If you have any questions feel free to pm me

Christian

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts