Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Frank Thomas collectors thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
I recently picked up these two.

The 2015 is in blue ink, which some don't like, but I think it looks great in person. I also liked that it was a great action shot! The blue ink also is a neat variation in the Dynasty product that I enjoy.

The 2014 is a great image also.

Both have great patches, and no smudging!

Thanks for looking!

John

Awesome pickups. Glad to see another sox fan on the boards. There is only a few of us here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
just pulled today
THOMAS%20FRANK%206_zpsteaizg7v.jpg

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Hey guys. Forgive me if this is out of place, but I thought this would be the best place for this.

I get to meet The Big Hurt and was wondering what cool thing I should get signed. Not necessarily valuable, just something awesome. An iconic picture I'm not thinking of? Some sort of item? I don't know. Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
If it were me, a 90 Leaf card would be at the top of my list. Not that they are rare, but I love that set and especially that card.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Yeah, that would be the most iconic. I actually found something pretty cool too. In 1993, Leaf/Studio produced a 5-card Frank Thomas collection set. (Cool black and white photos). I recently discovered a large jumbo version of one of the cards. I'm wondering if these are available unsigned.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262780706736

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Whatever you pick, I'd at least take it into consideration that he signs his name really really fast and if you use a silver sharpie or paint pen, be ready for it to probably not turn out. I got this photo singed a couple years ago in a silver paint pen. I decided to take the chance on it because if it turns out, it would've been sweet. My gamble didn't pay off as you can barely see the autograph. Should've gone with a lighter photo where I could've used a blue/black sharpie.
Frank%20Thomas%208x10.jpg

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Whatever you pick, I'd at least take it into consideration that he signs his name really really fast and if you use a silver sharpie or paint pen, be ready for it to probably not turn out. I got this photo singed a couple years ago in a silver paint pen. I decided to take the chance on it because if it turns out, it would've been sweet. My gamble didn't pay off as you can barely see the autograph. Should've gone with a lighter photo where I could've used a blue/black sharpie.
Frank%20Thomas%208x10.jpg

Thanks for the insight. I was looking at this photo as one of the possibilities. Unless I can find an unsigned version of this:
105445a_lg.jpeg

I will probably be getting a 20x24 of this one:
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/xFkAAOSwpLNYA-OW/s-l1600.jpg

(It's a cool photo and there is big, clear, light area for a signature and inscription)

Last edited:

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Thanks! I was stoked to find a 1987 Team USA era signature with the "36". I recently found another era I'd been looking for; 1989 Sarasota White Sox, complete with "30" inscription.

img501 (2).jpgimg502.jpgimg501.jpg

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
Anyone see the 1992 Topps Round Trippers test proofs (front and back) that popped up recently on eBay. Seller had other players too.

I would love to find the Puckett’s from that set. I think those backs look fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
If any of you Thomas collectors are on Facebook or Twitter get a hold of Justin ( bustin_knuckles) and tell him to contact me I have cards of his he submitted that are coming back and his GMAIL account is full so his emails are bouncing back. Would like to return them to him. Tried sending him PM thru both here and the CU boards as well no replies yet

Would like to make sure he gets his stuff back. Hope he's OK :confused:

Jeff

p.s. I do not do either social media place and have no intentions of starting either so thanks for the help

Members online