Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kid Cudi??!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kid Cudi??!!

Hey guys,

I have slowed down a bit on TTMs, but I am thinking about sending a batch out soon! Does anyone have a good address or a place where they would recommend sending to Kid Cudi?! He is my favorite music artist and I would love to add his auto to my collection. I have mostly stuck to sports TTM over the years, so I am not really sure where or who to send this request to.

All help is appreciated and thanks!
    ROB

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Kid Cudi??!!

I've been listening to hip hop for the past 25 years and of all of the MC's in the world, you would want his auto? He's so wack. Quote something of his that moved you. Honestly rap artists aren't easily reached TTM, it's not part of the culture. Your best bet is to go see him perform near you and ask after the show. What would you get him to sign, has he even put out a physical CD or 12"?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by metrotheme
    I've been listening to hip hop for the past 25 years and of all of the MC's in the world, you would want his auto? He's so wack. Quote something of his that moved you. Honestly rap artists aren't easily reached TTM, it's not part of the culture. Your best bet is to go see him perform near you and ask after the show. What would you get him to sign, has he even put out a physical CD or 12"?
    Nice contribution dick.

To help you out Rob, I would suggest researching where he'll be performing at and to send a autograph request c/o the venue a few days before the show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks! I will try that out!
    ROB

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No need to call people names on here. I think Cudi is wack, why because his lyrics are meaningless and don't move me. Put him next to Rakim, Slick Rick, Kane, KRS, Chuck D, Nas, Jay-Z, Redman, EPMD, Guru (RIP), Q-Tip, Large Professor, Biggie, Tupac, Ice Cube, Dre, Snoop, Kanye, etc etc. and tell me he is anywhere near their level. Hence why I wondered why anyone would want his autograph being he is subpar and not even sure he has physical product to sign.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinG08
    Quote Originally Posted by metrotheme
    Nice contribution dick.

To help you out Rob, I would suggest researching where he'll be performing at and to send a autograph request c/o the venue a few days before the show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Metro, chill man. You just included Kanye and Redman in the same list as Rakim and Nas. Cudi ain't the best MC, but he's a nice change of pace from regular rap and is a helluva lot better than 95% of whatever else is on the radio. Chances are this dude hasn't heard of half the people you named because their stuff isn't played in the mainstream at all, and even though they're awesome, they're old. So instead of just hating, try educating, lol.
    My Photobucket
    My eBay Auctions
    Looking for any UCF or Long Beach State players
    Baseball: Tyson Auer, Beau Taylor, Andrew Gagnon, Vance Worley, Devin Lohman, Adam Wilk, Jake Thompson, Bryan Shaw, Shane Peterson, Tim Bascom, Drew Butera, Matt Fox
    Basketball: Jermaine Taylor
    Football: Brandon Marshall, Blake Bortles, Mike Sims-Walker, Kevin Smith, Torell Troup, Joe Burnett

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Redman is dope and so is Kanye (except for that 808 + heartbreak garbage). Are they the "A" level as Rakim and Nas, no, but they're probably "B" level. Cudi isn't even like "C" list, and him being better than what is on the radio ain't saying much. My measuring stick is different. I've been listening to hip hop for the last 25+ years. The age of the MC's I named aren't a reason for people not to know them. If people are fans of rap / hip-hop, then they'll do the knowledge, just like I did when I was young. They could start with that list that I gave them.

Quote Originally Posted by jgro85
    Metro, chill man. You just included Kanye and Redman in the same list as Rakim and Nas. Cudi ain't the best MC, but he's a nice change of pace from regular rap and is a helluva lot better than 95% of whatever else is on the radio. Chances are this dude hasn't heard of half the people you named because their stuff isn't played in the mainstream at all, and even though they're awesome, they're old. So instead of just hating, try educating, lol.

tbtwinsfan
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will help yall out... ALL rap is wack. It is sickening to glamorize the THUG and Gangster culture. People die in those areas and rappers and most of their fans are trying to act like that. Even christian rappers act very "Gangster" by the clothes they wear and what it represents. The only rap I listen too is TI but even that is a little much sometimes. Im all about Rock

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not all rap is about gangs and thugs man. Meanwhile, basically all rock songs are love songs or I wanna kill myself songs. Yeah that's something I want to listen to to brighten my day.
    My Photobucket
    My eBay Auctions
    Looking for any UCF or Long Beach State players
    Baseball: Tyson Auer, Beau Taylor, Andrew Gagnon, Vance Worley, Devin Lohman, Adam Wilk, Jake Thompson, Bryan Shaw, Shane Peterson, Tim Bascom, Drew Butera, Matt Fox
    Basketball: Jermaine Taylor
    Football: Brandon Marshall, Blake Bortles, Mike Sims-Walker, Kevin Smith, Torell Troup, Joe Burnett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or we could talk about this stuff on a hiphop forum not a sports card forum jmo

THE FIRST RULE OF LMMKP IS YOU NEVER TALK ABOUT LMMKP[/b]

imac220
     ianmac220
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goodness peoples! He is asking for friendly advice, and how to get an autograph of one of HIS favorite artists. No need to bash the genre of music that he likes, and also this forum is not designated just to sports related autographs. As for my advice I would suggest maybe checking on his website (If he has one) and see if it has a "contact" tab and maybe get that adress if it has one posted.

My 2 cents
    - Ian

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, there are more douchebags on the forums than I thought.

I'd say that the best advice has been given above - try a venue he'll be performing at. I can't say Kid Cudi, but I know of other artists that have signed c/o their venue.
    It's All About Collecting The U : 448 different Miami Hurricanes totaling 5,500+ cards

collection @ www.CardMagnet.info | tradelist @ www.TheCardAlbum.com

tbtwinsfan
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jgro85
    Not all rap is about gangs and thugs man. Meanwhile, basically all rock songs are love songs or I wanna kill myself songs. Yeah that's something I want to listen to to brighten my day.
    No I will give you the fact that not every rap song is about Gangster life styles but I am talking about the clothes they wear, and even how they wear them, the hand signs they "throw up". Not all rock is about love... Soft rock is but that is really out there, and the kill yourself stuff is called screamo, which I don't listen to a whole lot of. I listen to Hard Rock (especially the 80's stuff) and I listened to death metal once and I thought I liked it but I never actually did... I will also say that a lot of punk rock bands glamorize thugs, but there is a difference between gang shootings and spray painting a dumpster...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TBTwinsFan
    I will help yall out... ALL rap is wack. It is sickening to glamorize the THUG and Gangster culture. People die in those areas and rappers and most of their fans are trying to act like that. Even christian rappers act very "Gangster" by the clothes they wear and what it represents. The only rap I listen too is TI but even that is a little much sometimes. Im all about Rock
    This statement proves you know NOTHING about Rap or Hip Hop. You probably should stick to Rock, you know, the music that glamorized drugs and promiscuity for decades.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe this can lead you somewhere or at least get you on the right track:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kid-Cudi/ ... 583?ref=ts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast