Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kid Cudi??!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrtowles46

Jan 11, 2009
Hey guys,

I have slowed down a bit on TTMs, but I am thinking about sending a batch out soon! Does anyone have a good address or a place where they would recommend sending to Kid Cudi?! He is my favorite music artist and I would love to add his auto to my collection. I have mostly stuck to sports TTM over the years, so I am not really sure where or who to send this request to.

All help is appreciated and thanks!
ROB

metrotheme

Dec 3, 2009
I've been listening to hip hop for the past 25 years and of all of the MC's in the world, you would want his auto? He's so wack. Quote something of his that moved you. Honestly rap artists aren't easily reached TTM, it's not part of the culture. Your best bet is to go see him perform near you and ask after the show. What would you get him to sign, has he even put out a physical CD or 12"?

JustinG08

Aug 9, 2008
Clearwater, FL
metrotheme said:
I've been listening to hip hop for the past 25 years and of all of the MC's in the world, you would want his auto? He's so wack. Quote something of his that moved you. Honestly rap artists aren't easily reached TTM, it's not part of the culture. Your best bet is to go see him perform near you and ask after the show. What would you get him to sign, has he even put out a physical CD or 12"?

Nice contribution dick.

To help you out Rob, I would suggest researching where he'll be performing at and to send a autograph request c/o the venue a few days before the show.

metrotheme

Dec 3, 2009
No need to call people names on here. I think Cudi is wack, why because his lyrics are meaningless and don't move me. Put him next to Rakim, Slick Rick, Kane, KRS, Chuck D, Nas, Jay-Z, Redman, EPMD, Guru (RIP), Q-Tip, Large Professor, Biggie, Tupac, Ice Cube, Dre, Snoop, Kanye, etc etc. and tell me he is anywhere near their level. Hence why I wondered why anyone would want his autograph being he is subpar and not even sure he has physical product to sign.

JustinG08 said:
metrotheme said:

Nice contribution dick.

To help you out Rob, I would suggest researching where he'll be performing at and to send a autograph request c/o the venue a few days before the show.

jgro85

Mar 15, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Metro, chill man. You just included Kanye and Redman in the same list as Rakim and Nas. Cudi ain't the best MC, but he's a nice change of pace from regular rap and is a helluva lot better than 95% of whatever else is on the radio. Chances are this dude hasn't heard of half the people you named because their stuff isn't played in the mainstream at all, and even though they're awesome, they're old. So instead of just hating, try educating, lol.

metrotheme

Dec 3, 2009
Redman is dope and so is Kanye (except for that 808 + heartbreak garbage). Are they the "A" level as Rakim and Nas, no, but they're probably "B" level. Cudi isn't even like "C" list, and him being better than what is on the radio ain't saying much. My measuring stick is different. I've been listening to hip hop for the last 25+ years. The age of the MC's I named aren't a reason for people not to know them. If people are fans of rap / hip-hop, then they'll do the knowledge, just like I did when I was young. They could start with that list that I gave them.

jgro85 said:
Metro, chill man. You just included Kanye and Redman in the same list as Rakim and Nas. Cudi ain't the best MC, but he's a nice change of pace from regular rap and is a helluva lot better than 95% of whatever else is on the radio. Chances are this dude hasn't heard of half the people you named because their stuff isn't played in the mainstream at all, and even though they're awesome, they're old. So instead of just hating, try educating, lol.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I will help yall out... ALL rap is wack. It is sickening to glamorize the THUG and Gangster culture. People die in those areas and rappers and most of their fans are trying to act like that. Even christian rappers act very "Gangster" by the clothes they wear and what it represents. The only rap I listen too is TI but even that is a little much sometimes. Im all about Rock

jgro85

Mar 15, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Not all rap is about gangs and thugs man. Meanwhile, basically all rock songs are love songs or I wanna kill myself songs. Yeah that's something I want to listen to to brighten my day.

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
Goodness peoples! He is asking for friendly advice, and how to get an autograph of one of HIS favorite artists. No need to bash the genre of music that he likes, and also this forum is not designated just to sports related autographs. As for my advice I would suggest maybe checking on his website (If he has one) and see if it has a "contact" tab and maybe get that adress if it has one posted.

My 2 cents

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Wow, there are more ********** on the forums than I thought.

I'd say that the best advice has been given above - try a venue he'll be performing at. I can't say Kid Cudi, but I know of other artists that have signed c/o their venue.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
jgro85 said:
Not all rap is about gangs and thugs man. Meanwhile, basically all rock songs are love songs or I wanna kill myself songs. Yeah that's something I want to listen to to brighten my day.

No I will give you the fact that not every rap song is about Gangster life styles but I am talking about the clothes they wear, and even how they wear them, the hand signs they "throw up". Not all rock is about love... Soft rock is but that is really out there, and the kill yourself stuff is called screamo, which I don't listen to a whole lot of. I listen to Hard Rock (especially the 80's stuff) and I listened to death metal once and I thought I liked it but I never actually did... I will also say that a lot of punk rock bands glamorize thugs, but there is a difference between gang shootings and spray painting a dumpster...

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
TBTwinsFan said:
I will help yall out... ALL rap is wack. It is sickening to glamorize the THUG and Gangster culture. People die in those areas and rappers and most of their fans are trying to act like that. Even christian rappers act very "Gangster" by the clothes they wear and what it represents. The only rap I listen too is TI but even that is a little much sometimes. Im all about Rock

This statement proves you know NOTHING about Rap or Hip Hop. You probably should stick to Rock, you know, the music that glamorized drugs and promiscuity for decades.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
GarkoCollector said:
TBTwinsFan said:

This statement proves you know NOTHING about Rap or Hip Hop. You probably should stick to Rock, you know, the music that glamorized drugs and promiscuity for decades.

So you are saying that you DO know about rap? I thought that was a little before your time... and glamorizing drugs and promiscuity? I can find you KID CUDI songs that talk about that... should we try... all of them? I have a friend that LOVES Kid Cudi, Lil Wayne, and that junk, and he shows me the songs and stuff... I had another friend that LOVED Paul Wall... Ludacris, and a few others... and I have listened to their filth and sometimes wonder how any normal person can stand this stuff...

Rappers are a joke... a lot of the mainstream "gangsters" have never BEEN in jail... like Akon who sings about gang bangin and "Smackin that"... R.Kelly is IN jail for being a ******, Lil Wayne is in jail for bringing a gun on a bus, probably forgot to load it, what a pothead... he even admitted to Katie Couric on how "I love my weed because I am a gangster"

And what has this junk done to a small community like I live in? It turned it to complete trash... there are a ton of kids running around thinking they are cool, and "gangster" because they wear South Pole and are from Minneapolis... and the funny thing is someone picks a fight with them and they back down, not because they are smart, but because they were scared... I used to try to become a part of this group, and then I actually started playing a video game called guitar hero, and I realized I am not a gangster (and I also know I can't play guitar... so that comeback is dead) and ever since I have felt most comfortable with rock... I even tried fitting in with listening to country... but rock came in and I realized that I am not a country boy, or a gangster, but rather I am a dude who likes rock, and I quit trying to fit in and went my own way...

And ok, do you want to get into NON-Gangster rap? Shall we try a group called the KottonMouthKings? Just look at their song titles and tell me they don't glamorize weed... They arn't gangster, short of tattoos and hats but they produce the worst junk in the world, I have never heard a rocker or band glamorize weed like they do. I know a TON of people who hate "rap" but will listen to ICP and KMK...

There is maybe only one rapper in my entire life that I have heard of (minus all of the generic stuff for younger children) that doesn't glamorize this stuff...

Quite sad in my opinion

Members online