Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Hockey Pickup Thread - May 2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
starting off a new month of pickups...

unmarked checklist for my 1971-72 Topps set
Brovn1wmkKGrHqEH-D8EuvhH4v8BL0gYM5y.jpg

BnfeZWkKGrHqIOKjYEtkGYprWBLjrwLPjw_.jpg

BqBrsuCGkKGrHqEH-CUEuMToKrbBLt9UkVj.jpg

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Nice additions dave!! Just busted 3 packs of 2009/10 Trilogy. Nothing major pulled, but the Bobby Ryan auto and the Messier FIT are nice. The rookies are Michal Neuvirth and Taylor Chorney. Gretzky and Malkin base cards.

iyk8q1.jpg

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Superfractor said:
Wait, so you guys have a month-long pick-up thread? Awesome - ten, to twenty pages of cardboard. :ugeek:

(They should do that in the Baseball forum).

we decided awhile ago to just make a monthly pickup thread since we don't have nearly as many members over here and it has worked out rather well. we usually end up with about 8-10 pages of pickups.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Bobby thanks and I wouldn't mind if Topps was back in hockey either. I do not have the Chrome version yet and that is one of the ones I lost out on today.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Very nice MAF Bowman Rookie, Dave!!! Thats one of my favorite MAF rookie cards. The gold refractor is the tough one, its only /5.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
thanks Bilko. I think someone on here has a Gold Refractor that they showed off in the MAF thread but I can't remember who it is.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
pghbuccos said:
thanks Bilko. I think someone on here has a Gold Refractor that they showed off in the MAF thread but I can't remember who it is.

I think that was Brett Keith, but he sold it a couple years back (probably like 3 years ago). I know he had one on the old BMB, as i was very, very close to buying it from him but the autograph was a little faded and that pushed me away. Im pretty sure someone on HI ended up buying Brett Keiths gold on Ebay.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
G $MONEY$ said:
pghbuccos said:

I think that was Brett Keith, but he sold it a couple years back (probably like 3 years ago). I know he had one on the old BMB, as i was very, very close to buying it from him but the autograph was a little faded and that pushed me away. Im pretty sure someone on HI ended up buying Brett Keiths gold on Ebay.

I think someone on here bought it from Brett Keith. I will have to check the thread.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
ThoseBackPages said:
$18 for the pair:

!BrbBHEQ!2k~$(KGrHqIH-DgEvDjtge+!BLzlL,o,QQ~~_12.jpg

Nice Tavares rookies. Im gonna buy a bunch of Tavares rookies this summer, i think there is some good deals on his cards now and will be even better in the summer.

I got this Martin Jones auto today (For my Hitmen PC) off of one of my neighbours who needed $5 bucks to buy smokes. Scan lifted from ebay, but exact same card

2vvsxs7.jpg

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
G $MONEY$ said:
ThoseBackPages said:
$18 for the pair:

!BrbBHEQ!2k~$(KGrHqIH-DgEvDjtge+!BLzlL,o,QQ~~_12.jpg

Nice Tavares rookies. Im gonna buy a bunch of Tavares rookies this summer, i think there is some good deals on his cards now and will be even better in the summer.

I got this Martin Jones auto today (For my Hitmen PC) off of one of my neighbours who needed $5 bucks to buy smokes. Scan lifted from ebay, but exact same card

2vvsxs7.jpg

i agree. i think this summers going to be a great time to pick up this years rookie class.

having not done this in a VERY long time, i have to ask.....when it comes to eBay, how much listing
of hockey stuff will there be when the summer heat is in full swing?