Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I'm going to my first NBA game tomorrow!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wehttam6

Aug 7, 2008
912-GA
My friend's going to the Hawks game tomorrow and said he had an extra ticket and asked if I wanted to go...of course I said heck yes. Anyway, this'll be the first NBA game I've ever been to. The Hawks play the Nuggets, so I'll see Billups and hopefully Carmelo play. Carmelo's been hurt as of late and although he played last night, he's missed the previous three games. I can't wait until tomorrow. Hopefully Joe Johnson keeps his hot streak he's had in the past two games going. It's going to be fun to be at an actual game. (If there's a contest here tomorrow, there's going to be trouble Tuesday because I was present today and yesterday and there were no contests.)

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
That is awesome! I went to my first game last year in Washington. And guess who they were playing, the Hawks :lol: Enjoy every minute of it!

Wehttam6

Aug 7, 2008
912-GA
imac220 said:
That is awesome! I went to my first game last year in Washington. And guess who they were playing, the Hawks :lol: Enjoy every minute of it!
Thanks and I will enjoy it.

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
Wehttam6 said:
imac220 said:

You will, trust me. You taking anything to get autos on if the chance to get an auto comes up?

Wehttam6

Aug 7, 2008
912-GA
imac220 said:
Wehttam6 said:
imac220 said:

You will, trust me. You taking anything to get autos on if the chance to get an auto comes up?
I'd love to and haven't thought about it, but I probably won't because I'm with my friend and his family. We'll probably do w/e they want to do and I don't know if I'd get there early enough to get autos. I have base cards I could get signed,...but I try to hide the fact that I collect cards. It's weird because I think my friends think it's for little kids and stuff. It's always awkward when they see cards lying around my house. Most of my friends aren't even into sports, so when I try to explain myself, they don't really understand.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
If this is your first game, get a program if they have one, put your ticket with it so you can keep these items together.

It's been decades since I went to my first game and the excitement there is pretty good..

Now the closest team for me is the Portland T-Wolves which are doing alot better than the OKlahoma Thunder.. but then again the local high schools are doing better than the Thunder..

Good luck and have fun!!!

Wehttam6

Aug 7, 2008
912-GA
Pinbreaker said:
If this is your first game, get a program if they have one, put your ticket with it so you can keep these items together.
Good luck and have fun!!!
I'll try to remember to do that and thanks!

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
Wehttam6 said:
imac220 said:
Wehttam6 said:
imac220 said:

I'd love to and haven't thought about it, but I probably won't because I'm with my friend and his family. We'll probably do w/e they want to do and I don't know if I'd get there early enough to get autos. I have base cards I could get signed,...but I try to hide the fact that I collect cards. It's weird because I think my friends think it's for little kids and stuff. It's always awkward when they see cards lying around my house. Most of my friends aren't even into sports, so when I try to explain myself, they don't really understand.

My advice to you is, never be intimidated by that fact. I collected cards and traded in school with one friend. Within the next couple of weeks, 3 other kids began trading with us. Since then, for 3 years we have been trading at each other's houses and in the cafeteria at school. Hey, you never know, your friend could get into the hobby.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
That's awsome man!! I dont know if it is just me but when I went to my first game everything seemed like it was in slow motion and everything seemed scripted :lol: :lol: I was the weirdest felling as it was way different than watching it on TV. It could have been the adreline rush from just being there as it was Micheal Jordan's last game (as a bull) in Portland and I was like 10 rows up, i think I paid 800 a seat :eek: . I still have the ticket stubs and Paper about it. After that I went to a few T-Wolves games to watch Kg and they were not as Slow mo :) . Have fun...

Wehttam6

Aug 7, 2008
912-GA
I planned on saving my ticket and the program, but I lost them. :( :lol:
The game was great. We sat in the middle of the highest section/platform/w/e seats in the stadium. Watching the game ittself was great, but I couldn't get a good look at the A-town dancers (cheerleaders) from up there. We stayed for the entire game. It ended up being 109-91 Hawks. Joe Johnson and Bibby had good games. Flip Murray really surprised me. I've seen him on t.v. and how he performed off the bench, but he just looked amazing tonight even though he didn't play much. It was unreal to see the guys in real life. K-Mart had a pretty good game for the Nuggets. I'm still somewhat in shock...lol

Members online

Latest posts