Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Going to my first hockey game tonight! NYR - NYI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
I am stoked to be going to my first NHL game. My girlfriend got me tickets for Christmas for today's Rangers Islanders game. Seats are center ice which is awesome and I can not wait to go.

Hopefully the Rangers can pull off a victory against the worst team in the league even though Dipeitro is finally back and may be starting.

I will update this thread when I return from the game, most likely tomorrow morning as I will be wiped out when I return home.

dchurg

Aug 11, 2008
Go and get some ip autos after the game its a blast..I went last weekend for the NJ v PIT game and it was pretty fun...Crosby and Malkin did not want to sign my puck because they were using a blue pen and didnot want to switch to a silver sharpie but J. Stall did...also on the Devils side Elias signed my puck and Clemmer signed my homemade Clemmenson Jersey.

I'm sorry you couldnt see a better team the the laughing stock that is the 2008 Rangers though for your first game...Should go to a Devils game and see a real team :D

MetsCollector456

Aug 7, 2008
East Haven, CT
What a game, I'm sure you had a very good time. Musta been nice seeing Colton bust open that guys face in person and finally seeing a nice tic-tac-toe goal this season (Dubie > Zherdev > Gomez). I hope you cheered the Prucha chants with everyone too lol.

EDIT: And seeing Dawes fight. Who the hell predicted that? lol

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
MetsCollector456 said:
What a game, I'm sure you had a very good time. Musta been nice seeing Colton bust open that guys face in person and finally seeing a nice tic-tac-toe goal this season (Dubie > Zherdev > Gomez). I hope you cheered the Prucha chants with everyone too lol.

Yea it was amazing.

I lost my voice and had a blast.

I of course loved the Prucha chants and love to see him succeed. Hopefully it opens Renney's eyes that he needs more playing time!

Orr's fight was the first chance for me to jump out of my seat and was awesome.

At the beginning of the game I was getting worried with the horrid play of Redden and Kalinin. The place lit up in boo's each time one of them touched the puck.

Overall, I was extremely excited to see 5 goals scored, as well as a nice fight.

dchurg- really don't think my girlfriend would want to stand around waiting for auto's too ;) Maybe if I go to a game with a few guys one time.

Everyone else thanks for the comments as well and it was a blast

Terry

Aug 11, 2008
The Swamp
The GF picked a good game to go to! I watched part of the 2nd and part of the 3rd during commercials and intermissions of the Canada/Germany game.

I saw the 3 goals in 2 minutes at the start of the 3rd.. pretty wild game!

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
congratulations on your first game. glad it was a good one and the Rangers won.

now they need to lose every game for the rest of the season :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: .

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
pghbuccos said:
congratulations on your first game. glad it was a good one and the Rangers won.

now they need to lose every game for the rest of the season :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: .

Hopefully they win their next home game against those Penguins too!

Yea I loved my seats, center-ice, it was a great experience.

MetsCollector456

Aug 7, 2008
East Haven, CT
Y4NK335 said:
MetsCollector456 said:

Yea it was amazing.

I lost my voice and had a blast.

I of course loved the Prucha chants and love to see him succeed. Hopefully it opens Renney's eyes that he needs more playing time!

Orr's fight was the first chance for me to jump out of my seat and was awesome.

At the beginning of the game I was getting worried with the horrid play of Redden and Kalinin. The place lit up in boo's each time one of them touched the puck.

Overall, I was extremely excited to see 5 goals scored, as well as a nice fight.

dchurg- really don't think my girlfriend would want to stand around waiting for auto's too ;) Maybe if I go to a game with a few guys one time.

Everyone else thanks for the comments as well and it was a blast

Yeah I lost my voice too in the last Rangers game I went to too. It was the Pens game when Zherdev scored with 8.1 sec. left to tie it.

I dont like Kalinins play that much this year, I think it was a bad decision by Drury to recommend picking him up this offseason.

I think Renney will start playing Prucha and Dawes a lot more now. They bring so much more excitement then Voros or Fritsche, even though I like Fritsche. Voros eh hes alright, I'd just rather Dawes or Pruc in his place.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
MetsCollector456 said:

Yeah I lost my voice too in the last Rangers game I went to too. It was the Pens game when Zherdev scored with 8.1 sec. left to tie it.

What an amazing game to go to.

I think I might of lost my voice from home with that one :lol: :lol:

Yea Kalinin and Redden have not met any expectations this year and take up around like 8.3m in cap alone :?

Members online

Latest posts