Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is this a dumb idea?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seeing Tim Carroll's art, I have decided to try Golf Ball Art. It wouldnt look like TCA, but it would kinda be the same. Here is what I would do:

The art would be on a piece of wood, then I would draw out the name of the player/team, trace it onto the wood, and then use golf balls to decorate the name.

Here is a pic I made. The white circles are golf balls, but they arent in exactly the right place because Microsoft Word was being dumb lol

CraigBiggio001.jpg

Would anyone be interested in buying one, and what would you be willing to pay for one? Thanks.

Most people think this is dumb...What do you guys think?

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
I'd try and come up with something better. Just don't see people paying much for this. Looks like art project you might do in 7th grade woods class.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Unless you have some kind of artistic talent or background, I don't really see a point to this.

Tim Carroll's work is a type of art - he is creating an image using a chosen medium. You seem to be looking for a way to spell out a player's name using some combination of materials. That isn't any type of art in my eyes.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
GoJets9096822 said:
I meant regarding my idea...

I responded in a joking manner because it really doesn't seem like a good idea. I don't say that to be mean...just being honest.

It has a very limited audience, if any....it looks like something you might make in junior high wood shop class.

From your post, I'm guessing other people have given you similar feedback. I applaud the effort but the result is lacking. Sorry.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
GoJets9096822 said:
What if I didnt use the golf balls?

No...no....no...no wood, no athelete's name and no golf balls.

In the 80's people tried all kind of crazy stuff to make money. They would take a piece of wood, carve/write the player's name and shellac/glue on a Topps card in an effort to make a buck.

Those same pieces of "art" are collecting dust in a landfill today.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Make a real prototype and get back to us.

I just dont see this being something people will find attractive or useful. It does appear to be a waste of time unless of course you like it and want it for yourself.

onehrk

Aug 7, 2008
San Diego, CA
Are you trying to use the golf balls to make a sortof name in lights effect? I can see how that might be cool, but I also can see how that would have a VERY limited market.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
but its baseball

so why golf balls?

have you considered baseballs?

naked girl with baseball nipples?

Members online